Gay Marriage in Agentina

Lee said:
I have to tell you that not all people want little copies of themselves...straight or gay.

As for the burden you might have to face explaining difference to your kids / grand kids or whatever...well, the world is full of things you might not want to explain but reality is reality so deal with it.

Little copies are not the issue.. living forming young minds and lives are the issue. Mine his theirs it does not matter they exist and deserver proper respect and development environments.

Further there is no need to get emotional about it, typical aggresive emotional defensive response, you need to deal with it, not me I dealt with it along time ago. Simple.. mutual respect nothing more nothing less.

Lee said:
Well, read your original post again.

You clearly have issues to deal with.

I do not have an issue.. believe me I do not. I just do not want children dealing with these issues. Damn even most of society can NOT deal with this correctly yet. Children are not ready for it, I have had 3 of them, believe me they are are not ready for this stuff until they are older.. I am sorry and wish it was other wise but it is not.

tomdesigns said:
I do not have an issue.. believe me I do not. I just do not want children dealing with these issues. Damn even most of society can NOT deal with this correctly yet. Children are not ready for it, I have had 3 of them, believe me they are are not ready for this stuff until they are older.. I am sorry and wish it was other wise but it is not.

Issues? Really?

Society, or individuals for that matter, can't deal with the bulk of what it means to be conscious, or of existing, of being human, of enduring The Human Condition.

But nobody gives a thought to the human condition, to what it means and entails being human and being aware of that; rather we tend to repress those disturbing thoughts, and most certainly would not want that for our children, and as long as some parts of society comfort to an expectable routine, those thoughts are not raised. But homosexuality disrupts that frame of serenity you convince yourself you believe in.

Heterosexuals are just as likely to not being able to cope with the following statement. Homosexuals are now the just a scapegoat because of our obviously over sexualized society.

The Human Evasion by Celia Green
Chapter 1 : Sanity

On the face of it, there is something rather strange about human psychology.
Human beings live in a state of mind called "sanity" on a small planet in space. They are not quite sure whether the space around them is infinite or not (either way it is unthinkable). If they think about time, they find it inconceivable that it had a beginning. It is also inconceivable that it did not have a beginning. Thoughts of this kind are not disturbing to "sanity", which is obviously a remarkable phenomenon and deserving more recognition.
http://deoxy.org/evasion/1.htm

Homosexuality has been observed in nature time and time again. And for what it's worth, it feels quite natural to me.

I grew up in what you might call a pretty "pro-natural" environment. Small town, religious family, conservative area, etc., etc. I still turned out gay. The gay men who live confused and tormented lives do so because of the weight that you and the rest of society put on their shoulders.

Matt84 said:
Issues? Really?

Society, or individuals for that matter, can't deal with the bulk of what it means to be conscious, or of existing, of being human, of enduring The Human Condition.

You got that right.. if you look at how society deals with this issue in general, it is pathedic. The openess of mind is not there yet and it does without a doubt cause human suffering in so many ways. But Society does not care, in fact it is, in many ways ruthless. As I am sure you well know.

So what is wrong with me understanding and accepting the facts about all this, not as a bigot, wanting to sheild my children from all the complexities associated with this at this time in the history of humanity?

I understand that you have issues to deal with in society in general.. but the smothest path for children is one that does not include these difficluties unless it is completely unaviodbale and nessicary before they have reached a ligitimate age to deal with these things in their thinking and in society.

Which whether we like it or not, this is the society we have at this time.. yes it is chaging? Slowly yes, but changing and that is a good thing. I celebrate with you the right to be married and many other changes that have and are slowly coming about.

But concerning children in our current societies IMHO it is better to let them develop without confronting issues as complex and ruthless as these in our society at this time.

We can debate it from every angle, but 5 years old minds are not ready for this, in this society. Most adults can not even deal with this in our societies. As I said, I am sorry, I wish it was other wise but it is not.

We can debate it from every angle, but 5 years old minds are not ready for this, in this society.

Children are the most accepting and open-minded creatures on the planet. If they see two men or two women kissing, that is their reality, nothing shameful about it. The only way that kids learn prejudice is from their parents or larger society.

starlucia said:
Children are the most accepting and open-minded creatures on the planet. If they see two men or two women kissing, that is their reality, nothing shameful about it. The only way that kids learn prejudice is from their parents or larger society.

As about as accpeting as your community that circumsizes recent born babies willies and then forces this barbaric custom on most american males.

cabrera said:
As about as accpeting as your community that circumsizes recent born babies willies and then forces this barbaric custom on most american males.

Oh you have to see this to beileve it.. line the baby boys up in the maternity ward.. and wham wham wham :eek: cute little baby boys turn bright red and start screaming like they are on fire.

Gooo go ga gooo ga.. wham bam and then a slight expression of shock turns into the reality of the first intense pain experience... you know where.. and then the screaming starts.

Back