Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

I was there yesterday in the afternoon and watching it last night on tv - and I too got a little teary-eyed. Vamos Argentina - you're an inspiration.

(I will add that I believe it's a completely calculated move on Kirchner's part but you know what - I don't care).

I congratulate the Argentine Government for passing this historic law a milestone for Latin America and the gay and lesbian community . Seeing the rallies the last few days especially the huge rally on Monday night supported by the catholic church it seemed that this law would not pass but today we have very good news . This is a victory for human rights .

"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them". Leviticus 20:13

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

God made a law many years ago a little different from this one. Man's laws do not supercede God's laws.

VoiceofTruth said:
"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them". Leviticus 20:13

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

God made a law many years ago a little different from this one. Man's laws do not supercede God's laws.

Yeh, yeh , yeh...... Get real - This is the 21st century, not the stone ages, and Argentina is an enlightened country.... Maybe if "God's" laws weren't interpreted by so many in so many different ways to suit their own agenda, we'd be living in a more peaceful world.

Congratulations to Argentina on passing such a law...may others follow their lead....

citygirl said:
I was there yesterday in the afternoon and watching it last night on tv - and I too got a little teary-eyed. Vamos Argentina - you're an inspiration.

(I will add that I believe it's a completely calculated move on Kirchner's part but you know what - I don't care).

Now now... It may sound like I'm on defense of the current goverment, but please, get some facts straight! :)

a. This was not originated/motioned by Kirschners. They supported/helped it.
b. Really, there's nothing the Kirchner could do to change the bias in most private media. Their business is with OTHER politicians! :p

Voice of truth: Dont knock it until you try it.. And it must be pretty good because there is alot of the people (like yourself) who preach the bible and say not to do it (lay with a man) who do it...

Maybe i will go find myself a nice latin guy and get married now that i can.. A change is as good as a holiday they say..

And VOICEOFTRUTH if you even think you want to go to new zealand DONT, as our gov is full of gays, and we had a transexual MP for years, not mention to the rastafarian..

Back