Generally How Much Is Your Electricity Bill

Ceviche

Registered
I am hearing a lot about hikes in electricity bills coming and intrigued by the subject.

Generally, My bi monthly bill is about 250 pesos or 125 pesos a month and I live in a good part of Palermo.

Live alone and travel often.

How much are you guys paying?

Here in La Lucila I have a small shop with just the basics...electric kettle, ceiling fan and of course, computers. No aircon.
Paying about the same as you and that's with a subsidy.
At home about $1500 or much more in the summer, without subsidy (wrong side of Libertador lol)

I have boasted to my friends /family abroad about how less I pay for elec., here. I guess that is about to come to a end?

It looks that way and of course the government in waiting still doesn't know the full facts, although they have probably got a fairly good idea.
If things are as bad as they/we expect, could they continue to subsidise our power consumption?

I feel a bit ashamed.. 60 pesos per 2 months, no gas in the house, no matter if I'm here and running 3kwh nonstop or I'm not here, always the same. I live in almagro/palermo.

To determine if its too much or not depends in your area, read from the invoice the KWH used and the cost $/kwh.

In my case the cost is 0.365 $/kwh and the the consumption 511 kwh and the Number of Days 58

Subsidio al Consumo = $ 0

Total = 511 x 0.365 = $186,15

My bill is about $70 for 2 months, but I haven't paid for electricity for about a year and a half, because I'm in a "high blackout" area and received a credit of more than $800 pesos because of too many blackouts. I'd prefer to pay an unsubsidized rate with no blackouts, and almost everyone I've talked to has said the same. And blackout season is almost here.

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to get at least the first half of my wish soon.

I feel a bit ashamed.. 60 pesos per 2 months, no gas in the house, no matter if I'm here and running 3kwh nonstop or I'm not here, always the same. I live in almagro/palermo.
My bill is about $70 for 2 months, but I haven't paid for electricity for about a year and a half, because I'm in a "high blackout" area and received a credit of more than $800 pesos because of too many blackouts. I'd prefer to pay an unsubsidized rate with no blackouts, and almost everyone I've talked to has said the same. And blackout season is almost here.

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to get at least the first half of my wish soon.

I would think that ~US$2-US$2.50/mo is a little low for electricity.

Who wouldn't be willing to pay US$10/mo and NO BLACKOUTS?

This government has thrown more money away over the last 12 1/2 years than some countries see in 30 years.

I would think that ~US$2-US$2.50/mo is a little low for electricity.

Who wouldn't be willing to pay US$10/mo and NO BLACKOUTS?

This government has thrown more money away over the last 12 1/2 years than some countries see in 30 years.
I am not even paying 60 pesos for 2 months, and once it was 26 pesos. Of course I like that I am getting something virtually for free, but it seems pretty screwed up to me that my utilities are so cheap.

Back