Get your pots out for the lads!

I'm only just now hearing it, and lightly compared to last time, here in Las Canitas.

I honestly don't get it. i'm not sure banging a few pots is making Her change a thing. Surely there is a more effective way to bring about peaceful change?

Yep was a fair bit of action down Scalabrini y Las Heras. Right when Kretina was doing her speech.

This is more imitation of Chavez, who does it all the time for 8-hour speeches. Even the poorest Venezuelans find a way to hook up to cable or satellite TV so they don't have to watch to him.

According to Cristina's latest media-control law from 2009, the government has the right to preempt all TV programming in the event of "situaciones graves, excepcionales o de trascendencia institucional." She's now done it 16 times so far this year, including to cover the opening of the Argentine pavilion at the Venice Bienale.

De Narváez got it right in congress last week when he said this has nothing to do with national emergencies. Instead, it "tells the story of Cristina in Wonderland."

Tonight's speech, btw, was recorded at a dinner with industrialists on August 22, but they decided not to show it live that night because of a football playoff. And for those who missed it, the key line in the speech was that import restrictions are nothing more than an urban myth!

jimdepalermo said:
It's big at Santa Fe and Scalabrini right now, and everyone who's not in the street is on the balcony with an olla.

These people are really angry. They has to drag their butts all the way to their balconies and bang their pots.

jimdepalermo said:
This is more imitation of Chavez, who does it all the time for 8-hour speeches. Even the poorest Venezuelans find a way to hook up to cable or satellite TV so they don't have to watch to him.

According to Cristina's latest media-control law from 2009, the government has the right to preempt all TV programming in the event of "situaciones graves, excepcionales o de trascendencia institucional." She's now done it 16 times so far this year, including to cover the opening of the Argentine pavilion at the Venice Bienale.

De Narváez got it right in congress last week when he said this has nothing to do with national emergencies. Instead, it "tells the story of Cristina in Wonderland."

Tonight's speech, btw, was recorded at a dinner with industrialists on August 22, but they decided not to show it live that night because of a football playoff. And for those who missed it, the key line in the speech was that import restrictions are nothing more than an urban myth!
And the absolute worse thing about her speech was that she preempted Peter Capusotto ! Sacrilege !!

Oh no, people banging pots again. I'm sure CFK is shaking in her boots. She's placing an emergency ban on all "pot" imports!

Back