Get your SUBE Card Now, or Pay More for Transport

PhilipDT said:
So when will monedero cards stop being interchangeable? In February as well?

The removal of the monedero has been mentioned several times but I've never heard precise dates given, I'm pretty sure it will happen a little further down the track - but after February if you use monedero you will be paying the full unsubsidised fare (which still hasn't been announced).

marksoc said:
Today I had an epiphany: public transportation in BA and suburbs is very good, really. We only need more buses with A/C; traveling in the 132 or the two-floor new trains in the Sarmiento line is a delight, I almost do not feel the trip. And people look more sedated, the trains are not being destroyed, I can watch the news in the screens installed (sometimes), it feels so much more civilized. The SUBE is the best transport-related thing that happened to me in 2011.

So you can use the SUBE card on TBA trains now? Its about time.

My Monedero card stopped working 3 month ago and I have been using monedas. what a bugger....

pauper said:
The removal of the monedero has been mentioned several times but I've never heard precise dates given, I'm pretty sure it will happen a little further down the track - but after February if you use monedero you will be paying the full unsubsidised fare (which still hasn't been announced).

Using the Monedero, I'm already paying AR$2.50.

What's it going to go to?

trennod said:
Think this is a great idea, encourages people to go out and buy the cards and hopefully may improvethe coins problem!?

The "coin problem" disappeared about 6 months ago.

Banks give you rolls of 20 pesos without batting an eye.

Chinos, Farmacity's, & McDonald's will give you AR$3.50 in coins or more just because it's easier for them.

I haven't heard anyone struggling for coins in over half a year. Maybe nearly a year now.

They were giving Sube cards away on Florida, in front of Galeria Pacifica today. I would assume that it will happen again tomorrow.

Napoleon said:
Using the Monedero, I'm already paying AR$2.50.

What's it going to go to?

This is a federal initiative, the subway is now run by the city government.

So by having the Sube card you will pay the lower price (before the increase)?

Back