Get your SUBE Card Now, or Pay More for Transport

mphillips_81 said:
Where is the information about this?? I haven't heard or seen anything, and haven't had any problems using mine in the recent weeks.

The other thing is that I've heard that Monedero is a private company and SUBE is a government operation. Both processing companies, but one is not a new version of the other. So I don't get why one would be decommissioned.

mphillips_81 said:
Where is the information about this?? I haven't heard or seen anything, and haven't had any problems using mine in the recent weeks.

I never said it already has been taken out of operation I said it will be in the future.

Napoleon said:
The other thing is that I've heard that Monedero is a private company and SUBE is a government operation. Both processing companies, but one is not a new version of the other. So I don't get why one would be decommissioned.

Because the Sube card is tied to your ID - allowing the government to deliver subsidies to certain users and not to others (I don't think the criteria are yet known).

Napoleon said:
The "coin problem" disappeared about 6 months ago.

Banks give you rolls of 20 pesos without batting an eye.

Chinos, Farmacity's, & McDonald's will give you AR$3.50 in coins or more just because it's easier for them.

I haven't heard anyone struggling for coins in over half a year. Maybe nearly a year now.

Interesting, I have received plenty of frowns from handing over large notes and not having coins. Still always get asked if I have coins even when handing over smaller notes. My girlfriend gets the same and so do our friends (porteños) when I have witnessed making transactions.

However, from what you say it must be improving which is a good thing. Encouraging the use of SUBE cards will only help!

Let me see if I understand this . The sube card is tied to your DNI ? The goverment has acess to this information and its linked to your DNI?
Is this true ?

whyyy would people wait 2 hours in line for a SUBE card when the subsidy rule doesn't go into effect until Feb 10th?!? People sure do love their lines here.

The SUBE card is personal, tied to your DNI. If you lose it, you can retrieve your lost credit because of it. Also, in the future the government can take or give to you a subsidy depending on your personal situation, without changing or giving new cards. Right now, it will be used to control the subsidies given to the transport companies, that generally inflated their numbers to receive more money.

Any bank in Argentina has more information about you than the government.
And yes, TBA Sarmiento has SUBE terminals, they used the old coin terminals for the purpose, it takes something like 15-20 seconds to buy a ticket there.

So I don't have a CDI, DNI or Argentine passport, can I get one of these Sube cards?

Back