Getting A Us Turist Visa For The Girlfriend

Azagarth

Registered
I am in need of some advice/help from the community.

I am wanting to help my girlfriend get a tourist visa so she can come visit the states with me. My best friend is getting married and really wants us both to be there for the wedding at the start of September. She doesn't have a passport yet so she is working on that coming next week, I am told we can't even start her visa work without this, true?

How long is the process for her tourist visa really? I've read everything from 2 weeks to 6 months, what's a real waiting time like? What kind of things should I be aware of that will hold it up, or prevent her from getting a visa? Will it help having an official invite to the wedding, should she tell them that's the reason for going or should she say she is with her fiancé? Which is the best way to get her the visa?

This trip would actually be a perfect thing for our relationship because I was planning to propose to her around that date, and this would allow her to meet my family and familiarize herself with the states. When married we will live in the states so she's going to have to do all this paperwork one day anyhow soon, but my friends wedding pushed up the heat a bit faster haha.

If anyone could help me with this is would be much appreciated, or if you could tell me how your experience with the visa process was so I know what to expect.

In short, the girlfriend needs a visa - what's the easiest, quickest, for sure way?

I am in need of some advice/help from the community.

I am wanting to help my girlfriend get a tourist visa so she can come visit the states with me. My best friend is getting married and really wants us both to be there for the wedding at the start of September. She doesn't have a passport yet so she is working on that coming next week, I am told we can't even start her visa work without this, true?

How long is the process for her tourist visa really? I've read everything from 2 weeks to 6 months, what's a real waiting time like? What kind of things should I be aware of that will hold it up, or prevent her from getting a visa? Will it help having an official invite to the wedding, should she tell them that's the reason for going or should she say she is with her fiancé? Which is the best way to get her the visa?

This trip would actually be a perfect thing for our relationship because I was planning to propose to her around that date, and this would allow her to meet my family and familiarize herself with the states. When married we will live in the states so she's going to have to do all this paperwork one day anyhow soon, but my friends wedding pushed up the heat a bit faster haha.

If anyone could help me with this is would be much appreciated, or if you could tell me how your experience with the visa process was so I know what to expect.

In short, the girlfriend needs a visa - what's the easiest, quickest, for sure way?

You certainly can't even start the process until she has a passport. Our experience was undoubtedly different, because my wife and married first in Argentina and even the process of getting an immigrant visa was apparently simpler in the 1980s. I doubt that I'd expect a quick turnaround for a tourist visa now.

You certainly can't even start the process until she has a passport. Our experience was undoubtedly different, because my wife and married first in Argentina and even the process of getting an immigrant visa was apparently simpler in the 1980s. I doubt that I'd expect a quick turnaround for a tourist visa now.

Once married was it a lot easier to get the visa done with no run arounds? We haven't decided yet if we want to marry here or in the states, we have preference for the states though but it's no set in stone.

Once married was it a lot easier to get the visa done with no run arounds? We haven't decided yet if we want to marry here or in the states, we have preference for the states though but it's no set in stone.

When we did it, it took about a month, but things have changed since then and I think the embassy is much fussier about who gets let in. You'd almost certainly get in (presuming you're a US citizen or permanent resident), but I wouldn't expect an overnight response.

So many variables involved depending on age, education level , work experiences, presently working? atc,

So many variables involved depending on age, education level , work experiences, presently working? atc,

Well I am from the states, I actually meet her just visiting Argentina for a vacation. I'm still on tourist visa here etc.

She is 22 has a full time steady job, and also is studying, she finishes in December. I know all this is important for getting the tourist visa on her own, but if i go with her and tell them she is my fiancé or something like that it should make it easier? Or will they look at it harder since it would then appear she could potentially not come back?

I heard yesterday that Obama is planning to make it easier for people to visit the US in order to stimulate the tourist economy.

http://www.washingto...try-to-the-u-s/

Peru is now a candidate for the Visa Waiver program: http://www.peruviantimes.com/22/peru-seeks-visa-waiver-from-the-united-states/22198/ Chile is presently the only country in the region that qualifies. The process is still far too difficult.

You won't be allowed to go with her to the interview - they only let the interviewee in and they are very strict with that. If she shows she has a full-time job and makes a decent living, that will help (she needs to bring at least her last 3 recibos de sueldo). The fact that she is in school helps, because it means she needs to come back to finish it. However, since she finishes school in December, they will most likely give her a visa for 2 or 3 months, instead of a 10-years one. She needs to bring proof of her being in school too. Anything else that can prove she has a reason to come back or that she can support herself will help (i.e. owning real estate, etc.).

A formal wedding invitation will help, but I wouldn't even mention she has an American boyfriend or fiancée. That will definitely work against her. She needs to say she's going by herself and that she's friends with your best friend (she can't mention you) and come up with a story of how she met him (they're certainly going to ask that).

Back