GNC Like Store?

I'm brining back this old topic as I would also like to find some vitamins and supplements, mainly things like Niacin (B-3), Thiamin (B-1), Chromium Picolate, Fish oil, Liverrite, etc

These basic supplements help with depression and also drinking cravings. When I moved to Buenos I stooped taking Kexapro and Wellbutrin and was looking to go a more natural route than the typical USA medications.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

I've seen some vitamins (Omega 3, and Fish oil I think) at Farmacity (they have stores all over the city). I also see some stores called "Dieteticas" around, and they sometimes have stuff like protein powders. Also, there's a business in the DOT shopping mall that sells supplements targeted towards health & fitness - it's called "Maximum Nutrition" and it's a small kiosk. It's run by an american guy.

Hunter Bourne, if you find the vitamins you asked about, can you post an update here? I'd like to get some of those too.

What is it with Americans and their vitamins/supplements?

I have always wanted to know the reasons behind such habit ... I am really curious... is it because health care is not as affordable as in other countries and they need to keep healthy?

Please enlighten me? My American boss came to BA last month - I went to her apartment and I counted at least 10 supplement bottles spread around the room ... and from time to time I read posts like this one... I am intrigued.

It's a combination of weak regulations, marketing success and an excess of disposable income.

Paying large sums of money to poop out vitamins which your body can't absorb in the quantities you pay to ingest.

Awesome. I'd recommend taking something recreational instead, something you might get a bit of pleasure from before you poop away your cash. Have a bannana and carrot smoothie on the other side.

recent research greatly debunked the notion of supplement taking. Me bad but don't remember the name of the study but the news was HUGE in the US ...prior to that since we are such a pill taking society it was a perfect fit!
Chia caps are widely available in all pharmacys here and are Omega 3 capsules. Many pharmacies also carry "nature" brand supplements that are also widely available in the US altho I do know how much longer we'll see them here now.as mentioned you can find Centrum vitamins. Many other homeopathic type supplements are available but not in a form that you would recognize or know easily. So maybe take a Spanish speaker with you to ask about specific supplements. As mentioned the stores in Barrio Chino have the largest selection. Best of luck in your endeavour. I did what you are doing without the supplements, but recently decided I still believe in the necessity of B Complex, C (available here in effervescent tablet) and omega 3 (Chia capsules here)

It's a combination of weak regulations, marketing success and an excess of disposable income.
there are actually people who need supplements b/c of illnesses, medications that deplete, etc. I arrived here 10 days ago and brought a years supply b/c I knew they'd be hard to find. B vitamins are amazing for energy and without potassium supplements my muscles cramp til I want to scream. I will be on the lookout as well and report back.has anyone found a place with a grinder -for peanuts, etc?

Back