Going To Colonia, Uruguay

Beg to differ Rich One. 10,000p is constant. One way costs $1280 one way $1057 plus half day.

Please illustrate you stated below you could make US$233 in 10,000 pesos.....!!!! 0r $2330 pesos.....lucky YOU :wub:

So if you have half a day free or want to visit Colonia, you can profit by $223USD on every $10,000p.

Please illustrate you stated below you could make US$233 in 10,000 pesos.....!!!! 0r $2330 pesos.....lucky YOU :wub:
Believe you meant $233 pesos....!!

So if you have half a day free or want to visit Colonia, you can profit by $223USD on every $10,000p.

:D Below Banco in Colonia with Buquebus customers...!!

E2.jpg_1853027551.jpg

If you go to Colonia monthly, and have a monthly budget of 10,000p, at the end of the year you'll have about $2600USD extra in your US bank account or 26,000 extra pesos here (at current blue rates). Thats impressive and probably explains the line at the bank in Colonia.

Another way to look at it is that over the course of one year, you'll pay $2600 extra for the convenience of Xoom.

Another option is to take more usd on each trip thereby reducing the number of trips required. Would someone pls remind me what the maximum for taking US$ from the bank in Colonia and bringing it back to BsAs?

I am reading on a mailing list for expats that they have stopped issuing usd bills at Uruguayan ATMs... is this for real? anyone can confirm?

May 15th, Dollars available at US$300 per extraction, to the daily limit of the card, however some ATMs have limitation, average wait on lines 1 hour! When one bank runs out of dollars must run to another line, an all day excercise. Only for the strong and hardy. Sub cero temp wind factor

Hmmm I guess you missed last thursday interview on America TV, lines of Argentines, with heads and faces covered ?

The lines are 50 percent Expats and 50 % Argentinos. The Anger from Colonia Locals that have to wait for hours to extract 100 pesos Uruguayans!

The America TV Cameramen on the BQB return were atacked kicked and insulted assuming they were from AFIP or 678. For invasion of privacy , if you left work sick and your boss sees you on TV lining up in Colonia.

Back