Going to visit BA and want to know where expats, stay, eat, drink,meet

just be careful with a lot of venues on some areas of Palermo and Recoleta. If you are not much of a night owl, I am not sure if Palermo Soho would be good...you will find a bunch of young foreigners getting drunk most nights. I am not sure that is the venue you might like other than visiting once in a while. I am sure if you are young might be fun, but most of older ones already passed that stage...many argies avoid those areas like a plague. Not every place if for everyone.

http://baexpats.org/members/postmodernchild.htmlI appreciate that advice, Postmodernchild. Actually, I've been reading the Palermo and Recoleta are also good for proximity to a mix of museums, parks and historical sites, with the maps I've been viewing seeming to support that. Sound about right or am I missing something.

Thanks again, all of you, for the input. I'm getting jazzed about seeing BA. And I'll keep an ear out for lingua ingles when I get there and be sure strike up a conversation with its sources.

TA

Hey Ted!

Well in my opinion, the best area you can stay if you don't want a noisy and busy area is Palermo Chico, close to the parks and the MALBA and Renault museums. There are also nice cafés and restaurants nearby but is not like it has a nightlife, like Palermo Soho. If you like to shop there's also 2 malls that I consider to be the best ones here: Alto Palermo and Paseo Alcorta.

If you want to have a beer and some nice food or just dinner you can go to a sort of a open air mall that has only restaurants and cafés downtown and if you like The Beatles there's their museum and café, also they have The Cavern Buenos Aires. I really loved it!

As for Palermo there are loads of great restaurants in here as well, I went to Las Cabras the other day and it was delicious! The lomo beef and tortillas rule there!

Hope you like my tips and enjoy your tour! :)

CindyDb
"and if you like The Beatles there's their museum and café..." -- Are you kidding?! Where? I'm so there! I live for the Beatles!!

texxaslonghorn:
"Good call!! One point off." -- If only I were a betting man, well, I'd still find a way to lose money.

Thanks again, all, for the input. BTW, just booked an apt. right on what appears to be the Palermo-Recoleta border, so that should situate me well enough. BTW2, anybody know any good veggie restaurants?

Back