Good Morning Buenos Aires

why the negativity? isnt he allowed to like BA more than the place he lives in Europe? Live and let live.

Its not negative (funny how you misinterpreted that way) I'm just interest to know, so I can see their point of view.

Its not negative (funny how you misinterpreted that way) I'm just interest to know, so I can see their point of view.

The true is that you are not interested in his answer you are just trying as usual to bash anyone that have a good opinion about the city, we are few and know as well, your post bashing the city are all over the forum, i will say that your only purpose in the forum is to complain about the city or annoy the people that like it. Don't disguise your bash as a question.
It talk bad of your self if you are not able to find good things of a place that so many had. Saying that i personally like more Buenos Aires than Paris, is not about a thing is simple about how i feel in a place and the other (and probably that i have had bad experience in that city). But i prefer other city's in Europe over Paris and over Buenos Aires as well is all about personal taste, not everybody have to hate what you hate or love what you love neither, accept it and you will become a less bitter person

Is it so difficult to find some time to celebrate and share what is subjectively and personally felt to be good interesting etc about Buenos Aires for once? - in my opinion there are a few things that can be articulated! :)

Yes and there are other not so good things - and there are other localities which have their own unique fascination.

But these downers about BsAs Boy do these get plenty of air time .... ad nauseum

the feeling that its alive

This is interesting.

I knew couple of people from france (some from paris) that lived here a while ago and now returned to their country, and they say the same thing "we like BA more than Paris cause is more alive".

Years after knowing them, i went to Paris (this past october) and saw the city for myself, and i cant see what they saw about BA being better. I found Paris to be extremely beautiful and fascinating, and what made it even better for me, was that it was alive! Just like BA is! And unlike Rome for example. Paris had a vibe! and on top of that it was amazinlgy beautiful!
I too think BA is alive, but i like Paris so much better cause to me is much more beautiful. Thats why im curious in why many people say Paris is "not alive"

Hmmm
This is interesting.

I knew couple of people from france (some from paris) that lived here a while ago and now returned to their country, and they say the same thing "we like BA more than Paris cause is more alive".

Years after knowing them, i went to Paris (this past october) and saw the city for myself, and i cant see what they saw about BA being better. I found Paris to be extremely beautiful and fascinating, and what made it even better for me, was that it was alive! Just like BA is! And unlike Rome for example. Paris had a vibe! and on top of that it was amazinlgy beautiful!
I too think BA is alive, but i like Paris so much better cause to me is much more beautiful. Thats why im curious in why many people say Paris is "not alive"

The grass is always green on the other side of the fence perhaps?
Sometimes you forget some of the great things about a city when you have been there for too long.
Other times its just hipster rubbish not to like something that everyone else likes.

Hmmm

The grass is always green on the other side of the fence perhaps?
Sometimes you forget some of the great things about a city when you have been there for too long.
Other times its just hipster rubbish not to like something that everyone else likes.

There is a lot of difference between just visiting a place for a week or so and forming an opinion from that and actually living and working in a place for a period of time and being able to talk with some experience

and how long does it take to get to know a place?

Back