Good Morning Buenos Aires

There is a lot of difference between just visiting a place for a week or so and forming an opinion from that and actually living and working in a place for a period of time and being able to talk with some experience

and how long does it take to get to know a place?

For me it takes at least a year maybe two to get to really no a big city.

There is a lot of difference between just visiting a place for a week or so and forming an opinion from that and actually living and working in a place for a period of time and being able to talk with some experience

and how long does it take to get to know a place?
Some days ago , I saw a guy with a printed t shirt saying " Sometimes the grass is greener on my side ".. It took an smile from me thinking that is true.

This is interesting.

I knew couple of people from france (some from paris) that lived here a while ago and now returned to their country, and they say the same thing "we like BA more than Paris cause is more alive".

Years after knowing them, i went to Paris (this past october) and saw the city for myself, and i cant see what they saw about BA being better. I found Paris to be extremely beautiful and fascinating, and what made it even better for me, was that it was alive! Just like BA is! And unlike Rome for example. Paris had a vibe! and on top of that it was amazinlgy beautiful!
I too think BA is alive, but i like Paris so much better cause to me is much more beautiful. Thats why im curious in why many people say Paris is "not alive"

Paris bores me. Absolutely everything looks the same. My dad really likes it, he has a lot of friends there. So as a kid ive been dragged along many times, and later on i went for another visit by myself to see it now, but yes, boring. Its pretty of course, but its pretty in only 1 way, until you get to the outskirts where its not pretty at all. Im not saying its totally dead, but its overdone. I cant explain the feeling, its one i have in many places in Europe, as pretty as they are. Its like everything already happened, its a place that doesnt see much new stuff anymore, its full already of memory, or lives, of stories. Its hard to get it bubbling and fizzing with life. There are exceptions, obviously, but i find BsAs to have more new energy, maybe simply because its newer?

Paris bores me. Absolutely everything looks the same. My dad really likes it, he has a lot of friends there. So as a kid ive been dragged along many times, and later on i went for another visit by myself to see it now, but yes, boring. Its pretty of course, but its pretty in only 1 way, until you get to the outskirts where its not pretty at all. Im not saying its totally dead, but its overdone. I cant explain the feeling, its one i have in many places in Europe, as pretty as they are. Its like everything already happened, its a place that doesnt see much new stuff anymore, its full already of memory, or lives, of stories. Its hard to get it bubbling and fizzing with life. There are exceptions, obviously, but i find BsAs to have more new energy, maybe simply because its newer?

Wow so much cliché crap there. You really need to get to know Paris better.

For me both cities have a lot of 'new' energy.

Nice explanation.
Kinda like you are seeing a building in Paris and you know that building will look the same if you come in 50 years, or if someone go in 1000 years.
I understand, i still think Paris is stunning but i dont live there and was only there a week.

Sometimes I get that feeling but having quite a few friends there and getting to know the place its really vibrant.
I'm not sure its a western cultural thing or what but we seem to be attracted to the dirtier grittier side of things. Its also interesting how we view authenticity.

Wow so much cliché crap there. You really need to get to know Paris better.

For me both cities have a lot of 'new' energy.

Yeahyeah cliché crap. Can everybody like whatever the hell they please? I couldnt stand Paris as a 4 year old, hated it when i was 8, didnt like it when i was 12, it bored me at 15. Maybe its a childhood trauma, what can i say? I dont feel it, so what?

Nice explanation.
Kinda like you are seeing a building in Paris and you know that building will look the same if you come in 50 years, or if someone go in 1000 years.
I understand, i still think Paris is stunning but i dont live there and was only there a week.

It is beautiful, but its the same beautiful all the time, and its not my kind of beautiful, thats all.

Paris dull? Apparently so dull even the locals are worried...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8139083/Paris-fights-image-as-boring-city-with-no-nightlife.html

Back