Good Stuff From Jumbo

At jumbo I found burrata and mascarpone. Can't complain since Jumbo's are the only ones I found.
I guess how they make tiramisu in this country when Mascarpone is such a rarity.

Carrefour can have some decent offers -- though like Disco, Coto, or Dia the ick factor of the state of the stores varies greatly from location to location. But Mondays you get 30% back in cheques on lacteos, and there's no crazy dates on them like jumbo's that start two weeks later. so Monday I stock up on lacteos. Yesterday (2nd) got 20 pesos back in cheques, which were valid as of today (3rd) until the 17th. Tuesday is also the day I get 15% off with my citi card. So today I didn't really need much but there's a rapipago there so after paying some bills I went to see what meat they had, picked up some solomillo de cerdo. (Enough for the three of us, plus lunch for the nene tomorrow). The meat was 46 pesos - 20 cheque = 26 paid with card so will end up being 22 pesos for the cerdo, not bad for 4 meals (or 3 regular size people).

Mascarpone and ricotta are everywhere, don't know how you've had problems finding them, they are usually next to the quest untables.

At jumbo I found burrata and mascarpone. Can't complain since Jumbo's are the only ones I found.
I guess how they make tiramisu in this country when Mascarpone is such a rarity.

I always find mascarpone at Coto and for burrata, I look in Bodega Amparo

Thanks! I will check if we have a Coto nearby, then!
Where am I supposed to look for it? Near Manteca?

Enough frenchie and Joe, I'm calling the #foodpolice!

Pinot de la Loire is Chenin Blanc, which is not the same as a Pinot Grigio.

Back