Graffiti Is A Crime In The Capital Federal

OK, this is totally out of control. There have been 8 linchamientos in the last 9 days, and the most recent one was in the heart of Palermo, for the love of God!

Which means we expats can no longer hold ourselves apart from this problem. If it's happening in Palermo, it could happen to any of us. Like it or not, we are as involved as can be.

And at that point, words fail me. I'm not sure what to say next. Somebody else take this ball and run with it, I'm clueless.

How do you mean we can no longer hold ourselves apart from this problem?
The main problem here, as I see it, is that the scum who carry out these crimes KNOW they can get away with it, hence the lynchings.
I don't agree with beating a criminal to death, but at the same time if one of my nearest and dearest was physically attacked and I caught the perp, I'm not sure if I would be able to hold back.

So it now looks like this thread has reached the point where posts have to be checked.
Why?

I must confess to a moment of gross hypocrisy.

There's a church across the street from my hotel, but it's to the left, and I always go right to Mayo, so I hadn't seen it up close. The first time I went around the block and approached the church from the other direction, I saw the front, with a sign saying 225 years on this site. I stopped for a long moment to admire the majesty of the great soaring, sweeping Spanish Colonial architecture.

Then I walked down the side and there was graffiti all over the side, and for one split second I was absolutely encabronado. I'm not observant, and haven't been for decades. I don't even call myself a Christian anymore, but...

There was just that one split second of killing rage, and then it was over and I could be rational again.

So, yeah, I'm a hypocrite, mea culpa.

I must confess to a moment of gross hypocrisy.

There's a church across the street from my hotel, but it's to the left, and I always go right to Mayo, so I hadn't seen it up close. The first time I went around the block and approached the church from the other direction, I saw the front, with a sign saying 225 years on this site. I stopped for a long moment to admire the majesty of the great soaring, sweeping Spanish Colonial architecture.

Then I walked down the side and there was graffiti all over the side, and for one split second I was absolutely encabronado. I'm not observant, and haven't been for decades. I don't even call myself a Christian anymore, but...

There was just that one split second of killing rage, and then it was over and I could be rational again.

So, yeah, I'm a hypocrite, mea culpa.

I am an atheist, and proud of it, but I still deplore vandalism on historic buildings and other private property.

I am an atheist, and proud of it, but I still deplore vandalism on historic buildings and other private property.

LOL, maybe a special prayer is what's needed...

"Uh, hey, Jesus? Uh yeah, man, not to like disturb you if you're busy, but uhh, you remember that time when you did a number on the moneychangers? Well, we could really, uhh, use some help like that again if, you know, you're down this way?"

LOL, maybe a special prayer is what's needed...

"Uh, hey, Jesus? Uh yeah, man, not to like disturb you if you're busy, but uhh, you remember that time when you did a number on the moneychangers? Well, we could really, uhh, use some help like that again if, you know, you're down this way?"

I do not speak to imaginary beings.

I do not speak to imaginary beings.

Oh, why not? I talk to myself all the time. What is odd is that on a couple occasions yesterday and today I have realized I was talking to myself in Spanish. Not that this is a problem, but it seems like a week is, well I'm gratified but a bit surprised.

I was walking down my street at 7pm on Wednesday and passed the graffiti damage that was done on Sunday. Some wonderful soul painted a mural over some of the graffiti. I am in awe of what this artist did for our neighborhood. I wish I could attach a photo of the mural, but limited space for an attachment won't allow it.

I was walking down my street at 7pm on Wednesday and passed the graffiti damage that was done on Sunday. Some wonderful soul painted a mural over some of the graffiti. I am in awe of what this artist did for our neighborhood. I wish I could attach a photo of the mural, but limited space for an attachment won't allow it.
upload it to imgur.com and post the link here.

OK, this is totally out of control. There have been 8 linchamientos in the last 9 days, and the most recent one was in the heart of Palermo, for the love of God!

Which means we expats can no longer hold ourselves apart from this problem. If it's happening in Palermo, it could happen to any of us. Like it or not, we are as involved as can be.

And at that point, words fail me. I'm not sure what to say next. Somebody else take this ball and run with it, I'm clueless.
Palermo isn't the only place expats live.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 8
G Culture 2
A Newcomers Forum 17
K Entertainment 0
F Culture 20
Back