Grocery Store with US items?

Gabriel Cortes

Registered
Hola!

OK, I have been drinking and eating (a lot of both) of all that BA has to offer but I am craving familiar foods from the US (nothing off the top of my head, just familiar brands). I have a place for Argentinian goods, but does anyone know of a supermarket in the Plaza San Martin and Puerto Madera area that has foods from the US? Thanks.

All the best,

Gabriel

You might get lucky and still find a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup for four or five bucks...(be sure to check the expiration date).

Otherwise, you may have to satisfy your cravings OTC with McDonalds, Burger King, and Subway.

And you'll notice an "unflavorable" difference, nonetheless.

Are they exempt from the imports ban or are they just selling off their old stock?

A couple years ago the biggest store had expired peanut butter on the shelves.

(I saw it myself.)

Since you are near Puerto Madero you can get your fix at TGI Fridays. I don't care for it but it is DEFINITELY U.S.-style fare.

I was in Barrio Chino last weekend and shopped at two of the largest supermarkets. At both locations, there were many food products for sale that had expired LAST YEAR. Beware!

I was able to find a few items at Jumbo in Palermo. Planters honey roasted peanuts were fresh, not sure about the expiration date. After living in India, we learned to take that date as a guideline. With the amount of preservatives all the US food contains, it keeps well past that date.:p

Often wine shops have a small import section . Chinese stores on Libertad in the centre have large import sections. No idea exactly where but if you take a stroll along Libertad in the Microcentro you will stumble upon them.

Back