Grocery Stores in the USA

sabinabowler said:
I just feel an overwhelming feeling of everyone trying to screw over everyone else in this city. How complicated is it to have things done on time? All this accomplishes is the creation of bad faith and distrust. I don't feel I can count on nearly anyone here. I would have loved to start a business in this country because of all the potential and resources, but after living here and truly experiencing the everyday hassles, I don't think it's worth it. For all the rules and regulations in place, no hay oponibilidad.
sounds like new york city to me.
see here

gunt86 said:
sounds like new york city to me.
see here

Hah! So great. And, unfortunately, this has already actually happened:

"...At press time, however, some 10 million Los Angeles–area residents, tired of their self-centered, laid-back culture and lack of four distinct seasons, and yearning for the hustle and bustle of East Coast life, had already begun repopulating the city."

And, man, people from LA are all a bit off. All that weird staring and the way that they always seem to be smiling and scowling at the same time. Just hung out with a friend from Iowa last night (a cool, friendly, perfectly normal mid-western guy) and his buddy from LA came out to meet us and, wow, what the hell is wrong with people from LA? Typical words used to describe LA people like "phony" and "plastic" don't really seem to cover it; "batshit insane" or "entirely detached from reality" seem more accurate.

Jeez, enough. LA, can you please stop ruining America already?

ssr said:
Hah! So great. And, unfortunately, this has already actually happened:

"...At press time, however, some 10 million Los Angeles–area residents, tired of their self-centered, laid-back culture and lack of four distinct seasons, and yearning for the hustle and bustle of East Coast life, had already begun repopulating the city."

And, man, people from LA are all a bit off. All that weird staring and the way that they always seem to be smiling and scowling at the same time. Just hung out with a friend from Iowa last night (a cool, friendly, perfectly normal mid-western guy) and his buddy from LA came out to meet us and, wow, what the hell is wrong with people from LA? Typical words used to describe LA people like "phony" and "plastic" don't really seem to cover it; "batshit insane" or "entirely detached from reality" seem more accurate.

Jeez, enough. LA, can you please stop ruining America already?

This I agree with you lived in California for a while and they are the dumbest fakest people around . I hated San Diego and Los Angeles they are disgusting cities if you can call them that as you cannot live in them without a car,

The people from the South and the Midwest were nice and polite and I love New York.

cabrera said:
This I agree with you lived in California for a while and they are the dumbest fakest people around . I hated San Diego and Los Angeles they are disgusting cities if you can call them that as you cannot live in them without a car,

The people from the South and the Midwest were nice and polite and I love New York.

ssr said:
And, man, people from LA are all a bit off. All that weird staring and the way that they always seem to be smiling and scowling at the same time.

This is another crazy asinine generalization if I've ever heard one. Sure, there are people who embody that plastic stereotype in LA, lots of 'em. But to say that about all the residents of a region (So.Cal) of more than 15 million residents? Then generalize some more about "the Midwest" and "the South"? Wow. That just reflects as poorly on you as it does of anybody making sweeping generalizations about ALL the people from ANYWHERE. C'mon guys, I thought that we already covered that lesson... .

MizzMarr said:
This is another crazy asinine generalization if I've ever heard one. Sure, there are people who embody that plastic stereotype in LA, lots of 'em. But to say that about all the residents of a region (So.Cal) of more than 15 million residents? Then generalize some more about "the Midwest" and "the South"? Wow. That just reflects as poorly on you as it does of anybody making sweeping generalizations about ALL the people from ANYWHERE. C'mon guys, I thought that we already covered that lesson... .

You're right. I'm sorry.

But we can all agree that people from Boston are the worst, right? Why are they always so damn miserable? Are there dementors flying around up there or something? Ugh, the only thing worse than Argentine food is people from Boston.

;)

Back