Ground Lamb, Turkey, Or Chicken?

syngirl

Registered
Has anyone ever had any luck finding these products at a butcher? I know you could probably ask to have it ground, but i think a lot of butchers would give me an evil eye if I asked them to grind lamb! I assume they would just be called cordero, pavo, y pollo picada? If anyone's seen these please let me know, have been thinking of a nice lamb burger for some time, and ground turkey or chicken would be nice for making some meatballs for my picky toddler...

Also would love to find some lamb or turkey sausages -- I know that the guy in Abasto (on Lavalle) has chorizo de jabali, so will have to go down there sometime, and there is a woman in las canitas (baez y ortega y gasset) that has frozen chorizo de pollo which are yummy (though salty).

Has anyone ever had any luck finding these products at a butcher? I know you could probably ask to have it ground, but i think a lot of butchers would give me an evil eye if I asked them to grind lamb! I assume they would just be called cordero, pavo, y pollo picada? If anyone's seen these please let me know, have been thinking of a nice lamb burger for some time, and ground turkey or chicken would be nice for making some meatballs for my picky toddler...

Also would love to find some lamb or turkey sausages -- I know that the guy in Abasto (on Lavalle) has chorizo de jabali, so will have to go down there sometime, and there is a woman in las canitas (baez y ortega y gasset) that has frozen chorizo de pollo which are yummy (though salty).

Not exactñly what you mention but at La Granja Converso on Lavalle and Billinghurst you can get these, and I am sure the owner will have no problem grinding whatever meat that u want.
CHORIZO DE POLLO KG. $ 55.00
CHORIZO DE CORDERO KG. $ 60.00
HAMBURGUESA DE CORDERO X 6 $ 35.00
MILANESAS DE CARNE VACUNA KG. $ 32.00
MILANESAS DE PECETO KG. $ 55.00
MILANESAS DE POLLO KG. $ 35.00
MILANESAS DE POLLO DE CAMPO KG. $ 40.00
MILANESAS DE CIERVO KG. $ 60.00
MILANESAS DE CONEJO KG. $ 80.00
MILANESAS DE MOLLEJA KG. $ 60.00
MILANESAS DE LOMO DE CORDERO KG. $ 80.00
MILANESAS DE SOLOMILLO DE CERDO KG. $ 60.00
MILANESAS DE PAVITA KG. $ 70.00
MILANESAS DE LLAMA KG. $ 80.00

Last time I went to Granja converso there was no lamb sausage :-(

They will grind lamb for you, as it is the first ingredient in empanadas arabes which are pretty common in Buenos Aires.

Syngirl , ask for it to be ground in a granja del barrio. I don´t think they would mind as they often grind chicken for the readymade albondigas they sell . They probably don't offer it as there is not that much demand for it .

They will grind lamb for you, as it is the first ingredient in empanadas arabes which are pretty common in Buenos Aires.

Ideally, empanadas árabes are chopped rather than ground. The same is true for beef empanadas, obviously, it's not always the case.

Ideally, empanadas árabes are chopped rather than ground. The same is true for beef empanadas, obviously, it's not always the case.
I get a empanada "cortado a cuchillo" about every two years. Love them, but not as common as they should be.

I found ground carne in Jumbo 2 weeks ago. It was a rare sight. The moment, I sighted it, I grabbed 3 packs of it!

Hello, excellent members.

I am a chef who suffers when I cannot get the ingredients I need.

If you want ground meat, buy a grinder! then you have total control over what is in your meat..
your food processor is a bad second best as it anihilates (sorry for the spelling.. cooking is my fuerte)
the texture of the meat! Sausages here are a real disappointment. Making your own (if you could get the spices
and herbs.. are the way to go). Take control!

You are in another country... you must find advantages to where you are staying / investing....
GO WITH IT and make the most of what is offered locally.
every decision has its price.

Be positive, go with the flow in terms of food and living style..
but be fierce with lawlessness

Back