Has The Long Awaited Crackdown On 90 Day Overstays Begun?

Bkentfc:
Argentina is in the 3rd World and more importantly than that it is a former Spanish colony.Unfortunately,one of the things that the Spanish did not leave their colonies was a respect for law which the English were able to pass on to theirs.As a U.S. native that is something for which I am thankful to them.
The Spanish phrase ,"Obedezco pero no cumplo"--I obey but I do not comply" best sums up that attitude.I recognize that the law exists but I feel that ,for whatever reason,I am above it. Another phrase,"Hecha la ley,hecha la trampa"---"Where there's a law,there's a way around it". does also.
In most of Latin America we live another legal reality-- definitely more vague and very possibly more hypocritical----from English speaking countries.Hopefully,this will change here in Argentina.Chile and Costa Rica are notable exceptions to this state of affaires and I believe that Brazil is going thru labor pains in this regard.

Well, what were I saying about ignorancy?
The point is that the NC states that all the persons are welcome to live here so, seems that the categories that makes differences regarding the nationality or race are illegal. So...where does your reasoning finish?

EJLarson: Thanks for your clarification.
Ceviche. Please Google :The Third World for a series of definitions a number of which fit Argentina quite well. Yes,I have travelled all over Europe plus N.and S.America & the Caribe
Citygirl Right you are when I got my DNI in 1979 during the military gov't there were literally hundreds of thosands of Bolivians,Paraguayans,Uruguayans and Chileans at Migraciones as well.Because the previous Peronist gov'ts NEVER obliged them to get "radicacion" and the milicos would drag them in for questioning without it.
Very few of them had even begun the process despite of living here for years.

You confuse peronistas with radicales. Why i m not surprised?

President Illia (radical) enacted again the category of "immigrant".

FYI the legal residency was created by the Peron's constitution of 1949, the same than illegals and deportations.

He also created at ethnic institut whose goal was to study the argentine race and who to improve it. Or, worst, who to avoid it decays with the blend with Chinese or people from Africa.

They also developed ethnic cleaning plans that are still working.

So, I believe you are very much missinformed.

They are fines of about 300.000 for working without legal residency.

They (individually) are fined about $300.000? How many of them can pay? Either way, what happens next?

Are they deported or are they applying for citizenship?

The latter came to mind only because of this: "i got in 1 day more notifications of fines than i used to get in one year" and that sounds like they could be clients.

The big question is if the Chinese have been signaled out (as an ethnic group) who can be "required" to pay (on a greater scale than any other). It would also be interesting to know if the average North American or European who is caught working without residency faces the same fate.
emo32.gif

They (individually) are fined about $300.000? How many of them can pay? Either way, what happens next?

Are they deported or are they applying for citizenship?

The latter came to mind only because of this: "i got in 1 day more notifications of fines than i used to get in one year" and that sounds like they could be clients.

The big question is if the Chinese have been signaled out (as an ethnic group) who can be "required" to pay (on a greater scale than any other). It would also be interesting to know if the average North American or European who is caught working without residency faces the same fate.
emo32.gif

First time is about 300.000, the second is double.
They normaly loose their jobs.
When thy decide to apply for citizenship i fight the fines at Court.

Same fate but this is a ethnic cleaning tool. They only hunt chinese because they are an "undesirable race" not because they can pay.

Ethnic cleansing, i think is the term the doctor wants to use, yet another example as how Argentines have the magical ability to devaluate even a language.
To speak of ethnic cleansing is a serious matter and should not be taken so lightly

Ethnic cleansing, i think is the term the doctor wants to use, yet another example as how Argentines have the magical ability to devaluate even a language.
To speak of ethnic cleansing is a serious matter and should not be taken so lightly

I do not. As far as I m specialized on the topic, it is wiser to ask instead to assert ;)

There was a secret plan of ethnic cleansing for the last 65 years in this country. I use the word secret because it was in the first 2 chapters of the second plan quinquenal of Peron but, ups, from the printing of the Congress, this 2 chapters were missing. The full plan was reserved and they printed a few copies for high hierarchy authorities of enforcing it. The plan states that the immigrants must be selected by ethnic. It also creates the "ethnic institut". At the annual reports of the ethnics institut they investigate the indians communities to stablish if they are useful or not. I wonder what was going to happend with those tribes that were pointed as useless. Lucky them Peron fell.

They also asserted that the immigration must be only white race and that the oriental and black race must be avoided.

There is also an study regarding if the former foreigners, now naturalized, improved their race getting citizenship because they were investigation "the argentine race".

The conclutions are that immigrants must be only Spaniards, French and Italians.

They assert that the plan is to prioritize the vegetative growth of the population instead of immigration because it is better to grow slower but to grow well.

So, this is why I laught when some member imaging that they are so important for the local economy or for the DNM.

If you read a little back in the roots of this, you can find the papers of the Nationalistic Congress of the Liga Patriotica Argentina where they refer to immigrants as human detritus and they assert that "the nordic white race" is the desirable immigration.

If you study the law since then, you can see how this "ideas" were enforced, even, in the actual immigration law.

So, yes, there is an ethnic cleanning plan that was enforced even it was abolished.

Bajo_Cero2 :
My,oh,my! How you do go on! Como le das al "chamuyo" vos ! You remind me of the story of when Franco had to meet with Hitler during WW2 to discuss whether Franco would allow German troops to march down thru Spain to get to North Africa instead of going by ship.Franco talked the question to death as only the "gallegos" can do.To the point where Hitler shouted,"Genug ! " Enough! and reported to his aides that he would rather have all his teeth pulled out without anesthesia than go thru negotiating with Franco again.
Is that also your strategy,Bajo?

I didn't assert, i simply said what you didn't know how to say,being because of your poor handle on the English language or just plain typical Argentne bullshit, as far as your degree of specialized knowledge,i must say, i don't know how many books or 'ethnic cleanning' courses you attended, i on the other hand, had friends of my mother explained to me how it works, how starts and how is implemented, these people i speak of, are the one with the tatoos on their arms, so i'm gonna go ahead and take their word over yours, since they actually went thru it and many didn't make it.
For someone who makes a living with words and wording, you sure show very little knowledge of the caliber of the words you are using......

I don't think anyone (or at least I) was advocating overstaying or anything else. I was simply saying that

a) 99% of the time, these posts are made by a first time poster and they never reappear so it's a bit..sketchy shall we say and

B) As important as it may be to those who are "permatourists", I don't think migraines is particularly concerned. I doubt there are many and if you're talking about those abusing the "tourist" visa, I"d be willing to bet you would find a lot more coming from other Mercosur countries as opposed to N/America/Europe. , I may be wrong but my friends in tourism/real estate/etc have told me they don't see nearly the numbers that they used to of people coming here.
I honestly dont see the point in differentiating between whether the gross percentage of those abusing the tourist visa are either from fellow mercosur countries or from North America/Europe. The issue is that it is wrong and deceitful on both parts regardless of any form of sugar coating or justification.

I do not. As far as I m specialized on the topic, it is wiser to ask instead to assert ;)

There was a secret plan of ethnic cleansing for the last 65 years in this country. I use the word secret because it was in the first 2 chapters of the second plan quinquenal of Peron but, ups, from the printing of the Congress, this 2 chapters were missing. The full plan was reserved and they printed a few copies for high hierarchy authorities of enforcing it. The plan states that the immigrants must be selected by ethnic. It also creates the "ethnic institut". At the annual reports of the ethnics institut they investigate the indians communities to stablish if they are useful or not. I wonder what was going to happend with those tribes that were pointed as useless. Lucky them Peron fell.

They also asserted that the immigration must be only white race and that the oriental and black race must be avoided.

There is also an study regarding if the former foreigners, now naturalized, improved their race getting citizenship because they were investigation "the argentine race".

The conclutions are that immigrants must be only Spaniards, French and Italians.

They assert that the plan is to prioritize the vegetative growth of the population instead of immigration because it is better to grow slower but to grow well.

So, this is why I laught when some member imaging that they are so important for the local economy or for the DNM.

If you read a little back in the roots of this, you can find the papers of the Nationalistic Congress of the Liga Patriotica Argentina where they refer to immigrants as human detritus and they assert that "the nordic white race" is the desirable immigration.

If you study the law since then, you can see how this "ideas" were enforced, even, in the actual immigration law.

So, yes, there is an ethnic cleanning plan that was enforced even it was abolished.
This is a statement that needs a lot to back it up im afraid I would be interested in any decent and reliable source of information...If there is not any, It would be best you keep it to yourself.

Back