Hate North Americans?

mini said:
There aren't any gringos in Miami.

Hah!

Hey, folks, there are some terribly ignorant people down here that don't know the first thing about the US but are always just looking for someone to blame for, well, everything. It's best to ignore them.

mini said:
There aren't any gringos in Miami.

:)

arty said:
anytime there is a natural disaster the USA sends in tons of support, like what happened in Thailand a few years ago.

USAID is a drop in the ocean compared to all the natural resources they steal from developing countries. Most of the time the aid is given for political reasons. Almost all aid goes to U.S puppet states suggesting that it's military aid in disguise.

arty said:
American is in a catch-22, as the most powerful nation it has a obligation to help the world, so when it does, it is butting in, but if it doesn't it is being selfish.

It's not the most powerful nation anymore, and it's on its way to become a developing country. That is the change you can believe in.

arty said:
And if American culture is hated so much, please stop consuming the movies, music, clothing, etc. and support your own country and what they produce. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head making them buy over priced McDonald's.

I don't eat at McDonald's. I do however listen to a lot of American music, most of it that contains lyrics against the U.S government. Again, it is your government and your arrogance that make you so hated. I don't hate all Gringos, I was just stating what I was told by a Porteno.

orwellian said:
:)

USAID is a drop in the ocean compared to all the natural resources they steal from developing countries. Most of the time the aid is given for political reasons. Almost all aid goes to U.S puppet states suggesting that it's military aid in disguise.

It's not the most powerful nations anymore, and it's on its way to become a developing country. That is the change you can believe in.

I don't eat at McDonald's. I do however listen to a lot of American music, most of it that contains lyrics against the U.S government. Again, it is your government and your arrogance that make you so hated. I don't hate all Gringos, I was just stating what I was told by a Porteno.

Last time I checked the USA has the most weapons, and from what I recall weapons equal power. china might have the people, but the USA has far more advanced weaponry that allows for total pushbutton warfare.

and at least in american you can have songs that speak out against the government and not have to worry about being taken from your home by the secret police in the middle of the night.

you're hatred for American is impressive. are you from europe? seems typical of most europeans who suffer from the big brother syndrome, jealous a country took all their castoffs and turned into a something great in less than 300 years.

every country has it's faults. last time i checked no one is risking their lives to live in china, mexico, canada, etc... only exception is people escaping africa who will take any place over living there.

In America if you work hard you can achieve something. How many success stories are there of immigrants coming to America to start a new life and achieving it...a lot more than other places. other places (like here) you can work as hard as you want and never get ahead.

hating gets old after a while, but if it keeps you going, more power to you. i have better things to worry about other than things i have no control over.

arty said:
Last time I checked the USA has the most weapons, and from what I recall weapons equal power. china might have the people, but the USA has far more advanced weaponry that allows for total pushbutton warfare.

Money is power, and you don't have any. Nor do you have any industry. But yes, you are trying to put up a fight. That is what Iraq, Aghanistan, Pakistan and Iran is all about. But you can't fight the whole world.

arty said:
and at least in american you can have songs that speak out against the government and not have to worry about being taken from your home by the secret police in the middle of the night.

True, but that is slowly changing. Department of Homeland Security ring a bell?

arty said:
you're hatred for American is impressive. are you from europe? seems typical of most europeans who suffer from the big brother syndrome, jealous a country took all their castoffs and turned into a something great in less than 300 years.

Yes I am from Europe, and I am ashamed what we have done to the world. Now you have blood on your hands too, hardly something to be proud of.

arty said:
every country has it's faults. last time i checked no one is risking their lives to live in china, mexico, canada, etc... only exception is people escaping africa who will take any place over living there.

Maybe because Canada doesn't have a developing country bordering it? Well, it will soon. And when I was living in Spain almost everyday there was some news of Africans who had died, or almost died, trying to get there on a boat.

arty said:
hating gets old after a while, but if it keeps you going, more power to you. i have better things to worry about other than things i have no control over.

Maybe I shouldn't use the word hate, it is a strong word. Maybe that's just the Troll in me :)

ssr said:
Uh-oh, you're feeding the troll, arty...

A Troll is a person who writes inflammatory posts on an Internet forum with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I believe I am right on topic. If anyone is disrupting the discussion it is you. That ironically makes you the Troll. And it also makes you a hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

orwellian said:
True, but that is slowly changing. Department of Homeland Security ring a bell?

Yes I am from Europe, and I am ashamed what we have done to the world. Now you have blood on your hands too, hardly something to be proud of.

I don't know anyone who has been taken away by DHS. Maybe you do??

For the record, England has done far worse things to the world than America has. Case in point India and China. Maybe the USA will catch up to the legacy that England has left behind them.

That's enough troll feeding for me today. My 19 year old gf from paraguay wants to make me lunch.

Orwellian,

Your outlook about US americans is slightly too pessimistic. True, they need some adjustment in their mainstream philosophy, they need to find new growth leverages out of financial markets and war industry. They need to look at what is going on in northern Europe, to find a new model of harmonious development and true democracy.

But their contribution on global peace has been positive over the 20th century. Remember that before ww2 they were non interventionists while we had colonies throughout the planet. They barely had any patriotic feeling, identifying themselves more by their cultural origin.

The implosion of Europe due to exacerbated nationalist prides gave them no choice but to assume the role of global leadership. They did fairly well till Vietnam, once again pulled on the battlefield by our colonial past. The collapse of the communist block gave them too much confidence, which induced the mistakes at the turn of the new millenium, refusing to listen to their allies who had been in the region for more time than they can draw a line on the horizon of their own history (collapse of the ottoman empire).

Remember they are pragmatic by nature. If something doesnt work, they will change, they are survivalists. Their short term try and miss way of acting gives them a lot of flexibility.

arty said:
I don't know anyone who has been taken away by DHS. Maybe you do??
I wasn't saying that. But the fact that they changed the law so that they can, doesn't that scare you? Fascism isn't implemented over a night.
And by taken away I mean that they have the right to incarcerate you indefinitely or execute you without a trial.

arty said:
For the record, England has done far worse things to the world than America has. Case in point India and China. Maybe the USA will catch up to the legacy that England has left behind them.

I am not disagreeing with you regarding that. But I am not proud of our history like you seem to be.

arty said:
That's enough troll feeding for me today.

Why not be honest and say that you don't have any arguments?

fifilafiloche said:
Orwellian,

Your outlook about US americans is slightly too pessimistic. True, they need some adjustment in their mainstream philosophy, they need to find new growth leverages out of financial markets and war industry. They need to look at what is going on in northern Europe, to find a new model of harmonious development and true democracy.

I think you need to read about politics. This has nothing to do with philosophy.

fifilafiloche said:
But their contribution on global peace has been positive over the 20th century. Remember that before ww2 they were non interventionists while we had colonies throughout the planet. They barely had any patriotic feeling, identifying themselves more by their cultural origin.

Read about how they stole the land from the native Americans, or the war they waged against Spain. They have always been imperialist.

fifilafiloche said:
The implosion of Europe due to exacerbated nationalist prides gave them no choice but to assume the role of global leadership. They did fairly well till Vietnam, once again pulled on the battlefield by our colonial past. The collapse of the communist block gave them too much confidence, which induced the mistakes at the turn of the new millenium, refusing to listen to their allies who had been in the region for more time than they can draw a line on the horizon of their own history (collapse of the ottoman empire).

Enslaving other nations is not something you have to do. There is another way, a little thing called democracy. Something that they ironically say they are trying to spread when they pillage the world.

fifilafiloche said:
Remember they are pragmatic by nature. If something doesnt work, they will change, they are survivalists. Their short term try and miss way of acting gives them a lot of flexibility.

You sound like you reading a astrology chart. It's a nation, not a person. In order to understand their actions you need to read about imperialism and capitalism.

Back