Have Passport, Will Travel

GS_Dirtboy said:
Here's the rumor. CFK will either annul Arg passports or limit the times per year Argentines can travel outside of the country. It's just a rumor, but it follows perfectly the Venezuela plan.

This is a very nasty rumour GS.
Surely not even she would be that crazy?
That really would be playing with fire.

I don't know about travel rights in Venezuela now, but I do know that years ago there was a presidential decree that all old-style passports that said "Rebublica de Venezuela" instead of Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela" would become invalid as of a certain date.
Somebody must have informed Chavez what an impossible situation this would be (people overseas who couldn't get new passports, strain on passport issuing authorities to reissue ALL passports in circulation, ....) so it never happened.
If Argentina were to make some kind of anullment of passports, I would assume it would be that old style passports are made invalid when you return to the country, you must leave the country on a new style passport.

The new passport design has been leaked: it's a poodle rampant, crapping on a pavement, all under the new country motto, "Clarin Mienta".

GS_Dirtboy said:
Here's the rumor. CFK will either annul Arg passports or limit the times per year Argentines can travel outside of the country. It's just a rumor, but it follows perfectly the Venezuela plan.

Nah, that's not even done in Venezuela. That's Cuba. I don't put any stock in this rumor. What's the benefit to the national government? There are only downsides.

el_expatriado said:
Nah, that's not even done in Venezuela. That's Cuba. I don't put any stock in this rumor. What's the benefit to the national government? There are only downsides.

I totally agree. Things are crazy in Argentina but I don't see that ever happening there. Absolutely no upside at all.

Yes, I just want to be clear that it is a rumor. However, it's not a rumor that's spreading in the expat community. It came to me from my Argentine friends. They are all really pi$$ed at CFK. I told them to start a movement. They all just kinda looked down at the floor.

All older passports were, in theory, cancelled either last year or the year before. My wife got an email from the embassy in Abu Dhabi informing her of such a move. The embassy said that her passport will be cancelled when she goes to Argentina and will then need to apply for a new one.

She went through, thought her passport was cancelled, and applied for a new one. Her dad has gone through immigration numerous times and yet no one has stopped him. Don't know what's going on but nothing seems too far fetched anymore.

Any more heads up on the rumour that Cristina will annul Argentine passports or at least limit travel abroad???

NO WAY!! there will be no problem to travel abroad.

CFK only wants the dollars bills to stay in Argentina, so she can pay the debts.
that is all.

Argentina Empresarios, are experts at taking dollars away from the Country ilegally.
I know one, that would travel weekly to Montevideo by buquebus (ferry).......only taking dollars. 100k at the time. and he was paid for that.

Some other friends of mine, worked for financieras, they were ALL DAY LONG buying Us dollars at exchange shops.

Now all that was taken away...and restricted.

But they have created problems for the innocent dollar buyers.

This is only a matter of phisical dollar bills. just that.
not a matter of freedom of travel.

I just want to acknowledge the thread title and what I am guessing is referring to the great band 'The Sonics' and their 'Have Love Will Travel'.

They made another song called "The Witch".
Dont know why I started to think about that..

Back