Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

Im sorry but your reasoning just doesnt sit well with me. These terms, all of them are still racist. In American, people used the term nigger. Black people got so used to it that they call themselves the same thing, only now they say nigga. Some black people might be conditioned to it and it doesnt bother them but others not so much and if one black person calls another black person nigga, they better be sure the other person is okay with it. If not, there will be problems. But under no circumstance is it okay for ANYONE who isnt black to call a black person nigga. That is just unacceptable. Your comments make it sound like its okay because " some " people are okay with it. Well its not. Say what you will, these terms are not appropriate and trying to make them appropriate is even worse. Kraut, mick, wop, gumba, spic, paki, chinaman, chink, nigger, guini, gippo, brazo, kike. In what skewed alternate reality is it okay to walk around calling people these things? Are we in the early 1900's or something and I didnt get the memo? Just because some people might not take offense doesnt mean its not offensive. I respect everyones opinion but I take serious issue with yours.

Maybe you cant get out of your american mentality. But in Argentina, NEGRO is not racist, is affective. Its totally another thing, just culturally different. Get use to that. Negro or Paragua are not racist, are terms used with affect, like chino, or a lot others.
Also here people are not politically correct. Which I like.

Maybe you cant get out of your american mentality. But in Argentina, NEGRO is not racist, is affective. Its totally another thing, just culturally different. Get use to that. Negro or Paragua are not racist, are terms used with affect, like chino, or a lot others.

In Argentina, "negro" and "gordo" are both terms of endearment, but it's not always so clear with words like "chino" (which is often applied misleadingly to any Asian). If you're clear on all the meanings and context, you should very circumspect about using any of them.

In Argentina, "negro" and "gordo" are both terms of endearment, but it's not always so clear with words like "chino" (which is often applied misleadingly to any Asian). If you're clear on all the meanings and context, you should very circumspect about using any of them.

Chino is an ignorant description, without any meaning, without any significance. It can be used with affection or not, depending on the context. It doenst have any connotation per se.

Chino is an ignorant description, without any meaning, without any significance. It can be used with affection or not, depending on the context. It doenst have any connotation per se.

My wife calls me "vikingo," which I hope is affectionate (I had three Swedish grandparents and one Norwegian).

One never goes wrong by calling someone by their proper name, or using Sir, Madam, or Ma'am. I find objectifying terms demeaning - even if the person is using it as a term of endearment - except for my wife who calls me "negrito." She gets a free pass on that one. :)

you can keep pissing on people and telling them its rain. But most civilized people understand what racism is. I just find it funny you continue to try and justify your backwards retrograde mentality. Here is a clue, if you refer to someone, refer to them by their name. If you feel the need to refer to their nationality, do so with respect. All your cheap justifications are just that, cheap. get a clue bro. Youre living in the 21st century, your low class behavior isnt cute, neither is it " edgy " or " politically incorrect ", its simply retarded and you walk around sounding like you have turrets. Im assuming youre a grown man, try to act like one, not some highschool kid who wasnt raised properly. And on a last note, if we ever meet dont you dare use those racist " nicknames " on me. Im not some " paragua or brazuco you can disrespect or talk down to. i will definitely teach you what your parents didnt. A basic respect for others and their origins.

you can keep pissing on people and telling them its rain. But most civilized people understand what racism is. I just find it funny you continue to try and justify your backwards retrograde mentality. Here is a clue, if you refer to someone, refer to them by their name. If you feel the need to refer to their nationality, do so with respect. All your cheap justifications are just that, cheap. get a clue bro. Youre living in the 21st century, your low class behavior isnt cute, neither is it " edgy " or " politically incorrect ", its simply retarded and you walk around sounding like you have turrets. Im assuming youre a grown man, try to act like one, not some highschool kid who wasnt raised properly. And on a last note, if we ever meet dont you dare use those racist " nicknames " on me. Im not some " paragua or brazuco you can disrespect or talk down to. i will definitely teach you what your parents didnt. A basic respect for others and their origins.

I see you understood pretty well what I said and argentine culture in general.
You need to be a lot more open minded. Theres no racist intention on calling someone negro or chino, or paragua. Period.

I see you understood pretty well what I said and argentine culture in general.
You need to be a lot more open minded. Theres no racist intention on calling someone negro. Period.
Not sure why you are focusing on the term negro. I am refering to ALL your racial and ethnic slurs. But keep pretending they are " nicknames ". Its pretty clear what social class your opinions come from.

Not sure why you are focusing on the term negro. I am refering to ALL your racial and ethnic slurs. But keep pretending they are " nicknames ". Its pretty clear what social class your opinions come from.

what the hell social class has to do here? Im talking from argentine people, of all classes.

If its asian we call it chino.
If its negro, we call it negro.
if its italian, we call it tano. As I said maybe this term was racist once, but its not anymore. The same with gallego, or turco.
If its Brazilian, we call it brazuca. It used to be pejorative, but I dont think it does anymore. Pretty much the same as the term "argie".

The only trully racist are bolita and peruca.
And chilote is not racist but very offensive.

You understand? Im repeating the post if you know. Im argentine. I think I know our culture, I studied our culture from a sociological perspective. A lot. I think I know pretty well when it has a racist component. I dont think Brazuca does. Paragua SURE doesnt. Its like yourugua.

And to be racist it needs to have an intention, a sense of superiority of class, race, nationality, etc, which they have not. Except the ones I told.

Is it clear now?

If you were more educated youd understand just how ignorant and backwards you sound right now. But as I said, its clear what social class you come from. Keep calling people names, im sure someone will eventually plant you on your ass for it.

what the hell social class has to do here? Im talking from argentine people, of all classes.

If its asian we call it chino.
If its negro, we call it negro.
if its italian, we call it tano. As I said maybe this term was racist once, but its not anymore. The same with gallego, or turco.
If its Brazi lian, we call it brazuca. It used to be pejorative, but I dont think it does anymore. Pretty much the same as the term "argie".

The only trully racist are bolita and peruca.
And chilote is not racist but very offensive.

You understand? Im repeating the post if you know. Im argentine. I think I know our culture, I studied our culture from a sociological perspective. A lot. I think I know pretty well when it has a racist component. I dont think Brazuca does. Paragua SURE doesnt. Its like yourugua.

And to be racist it needs to have an intention, a sense of superiority of class, race, nationality, etc, which they have not. Except the ones I told.

Is it clear now?

Back