Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

Why don't you get off your high horse and go look up Germán Rozenmacher's "Cabecita Negra"?

That's your proof? That's extremely flimsy, you find me a country in the world which doesn't contain pejorative terms based on nationality anjd ethnicity and we'll send your sociology prize in the post.

In reality, the only person making sweeping generalisations based on nationality is you, it's not pretty and you seem to think you shouldn't get called out on it. I disagree, I don't really care what you think about that, but it ain't gonna stop any time soon. I find it offensive, and I don't mind telling you so.

I haven't been discriminated much, unless it counts that my Argentine friends chuckle when I speak in my horrible Spanish. But then again a lot of people think I'm Argentine until I start talking. A few people have seemed put off that I'm American but most people are interested in talking about the country, to which I have to explain to them that it's not the perfect paradise that people seem to think.

I have told a bunch of my friends though that if they ever go to the states, they should never utter the n-word that they use pretty freely here. Of course here it doesn't mean the same since there isn't the history of slavery (as far as I know) so I don't think they are saying it in an offensive way.

I haven't been discriminated much, unless it counts that my Argentine friends chuckle when I speak in my horrible Spanish. But then again a lot of people think I'm Argentine until I start talking. A few people have seemed put off that I'm American but most people are interested in talking about the country, to which I have to explain to them that it's not the perfect paradise that people seem to think.

I have told a bunch of my friends though that if they ever go to the states, they should never utter the n-word that they use pretty freely here. Of course here it doesn't mean the same since there isn't the history of slavery (as far as I know) so I don't think they are saying it in an offensive way.

I can, on occasion, fake a Porteño accent, but before too long something gives me away. My wife says I sound like a "Porteño de Avellaneda."

If blondes become extinct the Michael Jackson skin treatment will become prevalent, as well as contacts....!! and Russian Albino hairpieces....!!

Hopefully I never experienced prejudice or racism!
That would be a shame, considering I'm white & furthermore French.

That's what makes the local race touching, providing it a sense of humanity.
They admit their inferiority without bitterness, that's really cute.

I laugh at the "n" word. We can say the "f" word in the States but Heaven help you if you say the "n" word! The blacks in the States us the "n" word to each other all the time and in my circles in Michigan, with blacks and whites that socialize as friends, both use it. It is only not okay for whites to use it but okay for blacks. First, I would never use language deliberately that is offensive to those present and people have been made to consider it offensive by the media. The "n" word isn't even what it is made out to be. It has nothing to do with slavery and was often used when I was a girl without a second thought. It was never, in my experience, used as a derrogatory term. It is nothing more than a mispronunciation of the word "negro." (Oops, am I allowed to say that?)

I laugh at the "n" word. We can say the "f" word in the States but Heaven help you if you say the "n" word! The blacks in the States us the "n" word to each other all the time and in my circles in Michigan, with blacks and whites that socialize as friends, both use it. It is only not okay for whites to use it but okay for blacks. First, I would never use language deliberately that is offensive to those present and people have been made to consider it offensive by the media. The "n" word isn't even what it is made out to be. It has nothing to do with slavery and was often used when I was a girl without a second thought. It was never, in my experience, used as a derrogatory term. It is nothing more than a mispronunciation of the word "negro." (Oops, am I allowed to say that?)

here we go ...

Back