Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

I don't think that Argentines are any different than other countries in respect to racism.

I think most people in the region would disagree with you. I recall Argentina having a reputation of being a racist country since I was a little kid. That perception can be seen from Chile all the way up to Mexico.

That is not to say that all, or even the majority of Argentines are racists. That would be absurd. But this country has a disproportionate amount of racists when compared to its neighboring countries. And the air of superiority that most Argentines have towards their neighbors dramatically enhance that perception.

I'm really not sure that it's nasty racism.
Ok, most people may argue that any form of racism is nasty, but from my experience, most Argentines are not nasty in a racist way as I have come to understand the word.
In my house, I get called all sorts of names and sometimes referred to by our friends in some weird way.
I think it's all a question of degree.

I am a "white" person and I do not think that people with darker skin color are ugly, dirty, or have a genetic abnormality. And that is a terrible statement you are making there about Argentines. It's incredibly insulting to them: "Argies don't care where you are from as long as your are blond..." That is complete nonsense. First, there are plenty of Argentines that are NOT blond. Second, I have yet to experience this so called love of blond people as you say. Yes, there are many Argentine people that are fair-skinned with blond hair, but most Argentines are not blondes as you claim. There are plenty of people with darker skin and black hair. My wife has olive toned skin and curly, midnight black hair. So the rest of society then, according to you, thinks she is inferior? I don't think so. Your blanket statement that all white people think they are a superior race is also incredibly ridiculous. Apparently, you think Nazi Germany has infiltrated the entire world. All us blond people are just racist pigs that are out to get anyone who is not blond like us.

Finally, to educate you, blond hair and light eyes are, in fact, a genetic abnormality, not the other way around. In 50 years, most experts predict that there won't even be any more blond people born, since its a recessive genetic trait. I guess then that will make you happy.

While I'm skeptical that blondes will disappear so soon, I do recall a study reporting that about half of all Argentines carry some indigenous genetic component. That doesn't mean those genes are dominant, but they are more common than most people acknowledge. Some of the details are available at http://tinyurl.com/mj4o6z7

While I'm skeptical that blondes will disappear so soon, I do recall a study reporting that about half of all Argentines carry some indigenous genes. That doesn't mean those genes are dominant, but they are more common than most people acknowledge. Some of the details are available at http://tinyurl.com/mj4o6z7

Actually, the blonde extinction thing is not true, I just read. It was a hoax but reported on BBC and The Times and a bunch of other newspapers (where I read it). Blonde hair and light eyes are indeed a genetic mutation, though, and are recessive traits.

"McKenna"- you don't get a more indigenous American name than that.

Yes, there were many famous indigenous American's named McKenna.

1. Chief Running Cloud McKenna. He was famous for being the first storm chaser.
2. Chief Osceola "Mac" McKenna. He was the first American Indian to bring whiskey to the Seminoles.
3. Chief Tecumseh McKenna. He married a woman named Aileen and had 18 kids.
4. Chief Seattle McKenna. He opened a trendy pub on Ballard Avenue.

The list goes on...

Actually, the blonde extinction thing is not true, I just read. It was a hoax but reported on BBC and The Times and a bunch of other newspapers (where I read it). Blonde hair and light eyes are indeed a genetic mutation, though, and are recessive traits.

But the gingers are definitely going away no?

Yes, there were many famous indigenous American's named McKenna.

1. Chief Running Cloud McKenna. He was famous for being the first storm chaser.
2. Chief Osceola "Mac" McKenna. He was the first American Indian to bring whiskey to the Seminoles.
3. Chief Tecumseh McKenna. He married a woman named Aileen and had 18 kids.
4. Chief Seattle McKenna. He opened a trendy pub on Ballard Avenue.

The list goes on...

Ah grammar, the American fiend.

Back