Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

And everyone of Middle Eastern origins is a "Turco." I have three Swedish grandparents and one Norwegian, so my wife calls me "Vikingo" when she's upset. "Vikingo de mierda" when she's really upset.
Sweetie that's a compliment. I practically purr "My Viking" to my Swedish husband when I'm in THAT mood...... -_-

Racism is quite different here, I have felt discriminated due to color of my skin. Argies don't care about where are you from as long as you are white (blond) they just love white people irrespective of where are they from, they (all white people in my experience) think they are superior race.

I always wonder, why white people think we (black, brown, yellow) are lesser then them? do we look ugly? do we look dirty? what it is that made them feel that way or is it just genetic abnormality which let them think they are better? Having said, Argies are still not at the level of racism as people in UK or US.

I am a "white" person and I do not think that people with darker skin color are ugly, dirty, or have a genetic abnormality. And that is a terrible statement you are making there about Argentines. It's incredibly insulting to them: "Argies don't care where you are from as long as your are blond..." That is complete nonsense. First, there are plenty of Argentines that are NOT blond. Second, I have yet to experience this so called love of blond people as you say. Yes, there are many Argentine people that are fair-skinned with blond hair, but most Argentines are not blondes as you claim. There are plenty of people with darker skin and black hair. My wife has olive toned skin and curly, midnight black hair. So the rest of society then, according to you, thinks she is inferior? I don't think so. Your blanket statement that all white people think they are a superior race is also incredibly ridiculous. Apparently, you think Nazi Germany has infiltrated the entire world. All us blond people are just racist pigs that are out to get anyone who is not blond like us.

Finally, to educate you, blond hair and light eyes are, in fact, a genetic abnormality, not the other way around. In 50 years, most experts predict that there won't even be any more blond people born, since its a recessive genetic trait. I guess then that will make you happy.

I tested the "Argentines Love Blonds" theory. I'm blond so last night I took my helmet off and went to a boliche. Had dark-haired, dark-skinned women all over me all night.

This theory appears to be true.

There is also the theory that Latin women are insanely jealous. When I got home I found my Brasilian wife throwing my belonging off of our 6th floor balcony.

This theory also appears to be true.

:eek:

I don't think that Argentines are any different than other countries in respect to racism. I remember entering Argentina by bus from Puerto Montt, Chile in early February 1982. At that time the Junta Militar was really tough on foreigners, and made all the passengers get off the bus and pass through customs and immigration. They were suspicious of Chilenos entering Argentina for work. Now it seems the tables have turned.
When people do not travel far from home, or associate with people who are different from them it is only natural for them to be "racist". The more one sees of the world, the more they realize that our similarities are much greater than our differences. I have a pretty thick skin, and when I encounter someone who seems to have a problem with me because of my appearance or accent it does not really bother me, I mostly feel sorry for them. It does no good to be offended by this behavoir, and people who go through life looking for problems like this are not going to be very happy.

Back