Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

I laugh at the "n" word. We can say the "f" word in the States but Heaven help you if you say the "n" word! The blacks in the States us the "n" word to each other all the time and in my circles in Michigan, with blacks and whites that socialize as friends, both use it. It is only not okay for whites to use it but okay for blacks. First, I would never use language deliberately that is offensive to those present and people have been made to consider it offensive by the media. The "n" word isn't even what it is made out to be. It has nothing to do with slavery and was often used when I was a girl without a second thought. It was never, in my experience, used as a derrogatory term. It is nothing more than a mispronunciation of the word "negro." (Oops, am I allowed to say that?)

Fluoride deficiency?

My dear arlean, I agree with you on many things but on this I'll have to disagree. The issue isn't that blacks can call each other that and whites can't. The issue is that it is an offensive term when anyone uses it. I always speak up when I hear a couple of guys call each other that. They should know better. They should appreciate and honor their heritage, not degrade it.

imo

I laugh at the "n" word. We can say the "f" word in the States but Heaven help you if you say the "n" word! The blacks in the States us the "n" word to each other all the time and in my circles in Michigan, with blacks and whites that socialize as friends, both use it. It is only not okay for whites to use it but okay for blacks. First, I would never use language deliberately that is offensive to those present and people have been made to consider it offensive by the media. The "n" word isn't even what it is made out to be. It has nothing to do with slavery and was often used when I was a girl without a second thought. It was never, in my experience, used as a derrogatory term. It is nothing more than a mispronunciation of the word "negro." (Oops, am I allowed to say that?)

Wow... just wow.

You still in Argentina ignorant woman!

My three year old grandson has a higher intelligence than you . You always justify your comments with preposterous arguments that make little sense to any normal person reading them .

Arlean please tell us when you will grace the expat community with a organic fluoride free shop ?

Finally, to educate you, blond hair and light eyes are, in fact, a genetic abnormality, not the other way around. In 50 years, most experts predict that there won't even be any more blond people born, since its a recessive genetic trait. I guess then that will make you happy.

Its pretty easy to figure out this cant be true. Recessive doesnt mean it doesnt get inherited. And two parents with a recessive blond gene that they both pass on to their child, will have a blond kid, now and in 200 years. What does happen though is that, since you need to inherit the recessive gene from both parents, youll see less blonde people in the future because of people of different places mixing more than in the past maybe. Theyll still carry the blond genes though, and when two brown haired people that both carry that gene give it to their child, itll still be blond.

So, will someone please enlighten me as to why some black people call each other nigger?
Is it because they know they can and they're kind of taking the piss out of each other?
It's always puzzled me.

You find Jerks every where but here they don t have laws that encourage them.

I'm not going to support the use of the n-word. That being said, I'm not a big fan of people that hide behind political correctness and deep down are real bigots and racists, The essence is more important than the form (not that form isn't important), sadly this is often ignored.

Back