Health Insurance increasing AGAIN: 25.3%!

surfing

Registered
I just got the notice from OSDE. They are going to increase premiums 15.5% in September and another 9.8% in January. BASTA! :mad:

Today I read in the newspaper that the "healtcare workers union" got a 25% raise and that it would conveniently be passed along to the subscribers of their respective obra sociales.

I feel you. It's all of them. I had Hospital Italiano before I got a trabajo de dependencia and those letters arrived like clockwork every quarter. I fear the day I work on my own again and have to pay out of pocket.

How can this be?!?! Christina told us inflation is only 8 percent. :)

As a Monotributo I pay just AR$57 for an Obra Social (same price as 2 years ago!).

I have to get things authorised for prescriptions/treatments and pay a 'co-pago' of AR$10 to see the Doctor. I have received excellent health care here in Bariloche when I have been to the hospital....paying taxes does have some benefits!

The people of Argentina are responsible, I'm sorry to say.

Step one: they voted in Cristina with majority of the votes because she promised them they were all going to get rich without actually doing the hard work.

Step two: they bought Cristina's BS when she said inflation was 8-9% and was going to remain at that level.

Step three: people went on strike and others supported them when they wanted 25% wage hike

Step four: companies were forced to increase the wages

Step five: companies realize they aren't charities and HAVE to make a profit to stay afloat so they pass the increase down to the premiums that people pay

Step six: step one to five is repeated in an endless cycle.

nicoenarg said:
Step five: companies realize they aren't charities and HAVE to make a profit to stay afloat so they pass the increase down to the premiums that people pay

Step six: step one to five is repeated in an endless cycle.

And it applies to all businesses...not just the insurance companies.

Back