""HELP""Real Estate Mng company reference?

george5475

Registered
Good day everyone,

I've owned a small apartment in Buenos Aires since 2007 and have used 3 different real estate management companies to manage the property while away in the US. The first (Inmobiliaria) real estate management company charged me charged me nearly 500% more than an agency should charge. Yes, I said 500%. The second management company had to be reminded several times to send me the money via Western Union several times and overcharge me for the services as well. And the agency I'm currently with has, you guess it, tried to drastically overcharge me by stating that 21% of IVA has been applied to their services.
The services that they render are simply creation of the contract and collection of rent.

Would anyone be able refer me to a honest, professional, reputable real estate management (inmobiliaria) company that provides the services of rent collection, creation of rental agreement , etc?

I would forever be grateful for information.
Thanks,

Hey george,

I am also in the same jam, if you find anyone please share with me and i will do the same. By the way i have a 3bedroom 1 bath with garage apt in villa devoto.

thanks

sac13,

I sure will. I've just contacted ReMax agent from this link, which is link posted on the homepage of this site to the right:
http://remax.com.ar/AgentProfile.aspx?AgentID=181059

He promised to send me information regarding a quote for his services. Also he asked me to call him back. It's a start. But I will let you know.

By the way sac13, are you able to have rent funds transferred to you to the US from Argentina?

Hey,

I did the same this morning, He said he would also send me an email. yes, i have a service that does this for me for a fee.

george5475 said:
And the agency I'm currently with has, you guess it, tried to drastically overcharge me by stating that 21% of IVA has been applied to their services.

The services that they render are simply creation of the contract and collection of rent.

It is the law for any business to include 21% IVA in the total amount they charge for their sevices, but if they are not giving you a legal factura as a receipt for what you pay them they are not paying the tax to AFIP after collecting it.

If you receive facturas for their service, you can deduct this expense from your rental income when paying taxes on it.

Both parties are legally responsible for the facturas. (If a factura is not offered it's your responsibility to demand it.)

thanks a million Sac13. So that 21% imposed my the real estate manager may not have been a lie after all.

Which service are you using for transferring the funds if you don't mind me asking? Western Union has said they currently dont provide service to US.

Pm me your email and i will send the you the details.

If I can get enought interested parties , Im considering providing this service. PM me what you are paying and what services are provided and what you consider a *real* price for such.
I just may get into the property management services for expats

It could be your property manager is not charging IVA but is in fact taking retenciones. This is presumed income tax for which he will give you a certificate.

A properly constituted property manager would be required to deduct and pay over the 21% to AFIP before passing the money onto a non resident property owner.

If this is the case he is doing his job correctly and will save you a fortune in late payment interest and fines which would be payable should you wish to get permission from AFIP to sell the property.

This is only a suggestion of what may be happening.

Thanks solarboy for your input on this.

So let me get this right. I've had this apartment since 2007 and only now has this issue come up of paying 21% IVA to AFIP.

So prior to 2012, would I owe AFIP back IVA taxes for IVA not paid for those years?

Back