Here's Another Crime Story.

These "jobs" happen all the time. there is no way this was not an inside job. You may want to get home insurance, it's not expensive.

I suggest you gather an angry mob of disillusioned forum users (I am sure you could use some of that GS_Dirtboy, strong stuff) and go teach the fellow a lesson and make an example out of it.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I suggest you gather an angry mob of disillusioned forum users (I am sure you could use some of that GS_Dirtboy, strong stuff) and go teach the fellow a lesson and make an example out of it. [/background]

I assume this was a joke. More angry mobs and vigilantes is the last thing this country needs....

Do you people think there has been a sharp increase in this kind of crime lately??? I don't mean over the past five-ten years, but more half a year or something. I am hearing so many stories lately, and of course reading them here.

I assume this was a joke. More angry mobs and vigilantes is the last thing this country needs....
No, it was not a serious comment. However, I think vigilantes are not exactly the last thing this country needs right now. Argentines cannot rely on the state to help them.

The fact he/she/they didn't take your desktop PC points that it was one person or eventually two max (they couldn't carry more).
Precise timing.

Ok here's my 2 cents,steel is the answer ,cross bar of steel at the door and one hooked to the floor ,that'll take care of anyone entering your apartment when you are inside,always carry pepper spray handy even inside your house,assume every day you might be attacked so it's time to start thinking tacticly(whos around at what time and such)wouldn't hurt to get some biohazzard signs to leave in you apartment(if they are gonna rob you at least you'll make them think what they might catch)for when you leave have one or more deadlocks that you installed and only you have the key,take a trip to your local hardware store, you'll be surprised how many different locks exists todayFind the one that lock to the floor and to the top of your door install them without mentioning to anyone including us .they need to be long enough to actually go into the masonry thru the frame of the door.i was able to make my house so difficult to enter that the last time they broke in they just busted a brick wall .Of course it was easy for them , since this is in the boondocks and they knew i wasn't coming back for a few months..Ever since i came back and stayed at the ranch ''the comancheros" don't even come close to the wire fence(but that has a lot to do with the amount of lead i put down range every now and then)Getting insurance is a great idea but still you have to go thru the trauma of seeing your things scattered and missing..Deny access at all cost its the best policy in my opinion.
P.S I'm truly sorry about the whole thing.,hopefully this situation will build character instead of making you affraid It's the only positive thing i can think of that can come out of this sorry episode.

Aw what a disappointment Yogur Griego! I was going to ask if you were up for it until you said you were just kidding! ;)

Ok here's my 2 cents,steel is the answer ,cross bar of steel at the door and one hooked to the floor ,that'll take care of anyone entering your apartment when you are inside,always carry pepper spray handy even inside your house,assume every day you might be attacked so it's time to start thinking tacticly(whos around at what time and such)wouldn't hurt to get some biohazzard signs to leave in you apartment(if they are gonna rob you at least you'll make them think what they might catch)for when you leave have one or more deadlocks that you installed and only you have the key,take a trip to your local hardware store, you'll be surprised how many different locks exists todayFind the one that lock to the floor and to the top of your door install them without mentioning to anyone including us .they need to be long enough to actually go into the masonry thru the frame of the door.i was able to make my house so difficult to enter that the last time they broke in they just busted a brick wall .Of course it was easy for them , since this is in the boondocks and they knew i wasn't coming back for a few months..Ever since i came back and stayed at the ranch ''the comancheros" don't even come close to the wire fence(but that has a lot to do with the amount of lead i put down range every now and then)Getting insurance is a great idea but still you have to go thru the trauma of seeing your things scattered and missing..Deny access at all cost its the best policy in my opinion.
P.S I'm truly sorry about the whole thing.,hopefully this situation will build character instead of making you affraid It's the only positive thing i can think of that can come out of this sorry episode.
Thanks for the ideas, I am definitely going to buy me some of those biohazzard signs.

Aw what a disappointment Yogur Griego! I was going to ask if you were up for it until you said you were just kidding! ;)
I know the feeling, brother.... (or sister? don't remember). Yes, these moments in your life when all you are interested in is massacring a few chorros with a shotgun and because of your anger you forget to sleep and eat. There are still possessions of unique emotional value that I keep longing for, I don't care about the electronics and even some of my favourite books (quite the intellectual thief I'd say) people have taken away from my home, but it's often the absence of different things, of personal value, that hurt the most. It feels like something has been abducted to never return again. Anyway, glad you are at least physically OK.

Back