Here's my intro

Thanks, tangobob! I was so happy to see I had 12 replies in my post, and then a little dissapointed that it was a private conversation...Anyway, I don't care, it's fun and somehow related to my original post.

While we are at it, I always forget that I had cosmetic surgery when I was 10! (my ears stuck out)

I am not against surgery, it is just that all my thirty-something mom friends are ok, thin and average looking. What bothers me is this obsession with physical appearance when we could talk about so many things!. I have asked several times that we refrain from having this type of conversation at least when our children are around, but no one seems to understand or care about the effect this topics have on little girls. I was called "mediocre" when trying for the tenth time to avoid the subject by saying "oh come on, as long as we look fine with our clothes on and stay the same size, I think we are ok...".:rolleyes: You get the picture.

End of rant, I am sure you know what I mean. Mini, what does SDF actually mean? Were are you located?

See you around!

Saludos

You might want to try looking at Easy English if you are looking to teach English. Most English places North of the City, in Vicente Lopez, Olivos, and Martinez would love to find a Native English speaker for a teacher.

Mercedes,
it is good to have you here. I am still stuck in the UK, although at the moment it is hot hot hot.
I get fed up with the obsession with plastic surgery as well, my friend has it every three years, just because her plan allows it. I could do with loosing a few pounds, but if I cannot work it off, there is no way I would go under the knife, though I think some on this site could do with a niceness injection.

nativexpat said:
I am not against surgery,

Exactly! There is nothing wrong with plastic surgery or losing weight, but NativeExpat & I don't want to talk about it. If you guys want to talk about it you can continue without us. Preferably in your own thread!

nativexpat said:
Mini, what does SDF actually mean? Were are you located?

SDF means "sans domicile fixe", without a permanent residence, ie. homeless. I'm not homeless anymore so I will fix that! I'm in Palermo now.

Is the option to go back to the US still open for you? Or even Spain?

I don't know but living in the home of your parents of your husband when you are in your 30's with husband and kids doesn't sound better then anything you can have in the US

You must be Mercedes from the Southron UY forum.

Welcome across..

Hola Mercedes, haha I had the same surgery when I was 6! Kids can be so damn cruel. Anyway, all the best for your job hunt!

Blahblah, I could give you a thousand reasons for not doing as you suggest, but the most important to me, is that nothing compares to the comfort of being surrounded by family and childhood friends (even if they talk about cosmetic surgery:D or don't get you from time to time) when you are going through a rough patch.

Even though my situation sucks right now, I am happy to be where I am. I consider myself lucky for having had the chance to be able to live carefree and in beautiful places for so many years. I feel grateful that my children have grandparents, aunts, uncles, a sense of belonging that they didn't have before. I am at peace knowing I will be 15 minutes away when my parents get old and sick and I will be here with them. I could go on and on and on and on...I know the Argies of this forum will know what I am talking about.

dsc: you are second person from Southron's I find here!

desertrose thanks for your reply in the other topic. You know, I don't remember being traumatized by my ears? I don't know if it is because it was too painful and I erased the memories or what. I recently asked my mom why I had the surgery done. She said they had a plastic surgeon friend who insisted on doing it (we believe I was his guinea pig) and they just conceded...the results are not perfect, mind you. My ears are flat and too stuck to my head now....on windy days, when my ears hurt, I blame that guy for taking away my internal ears' natural protection...

Well, I better stop here or I'll fear you'll be forever stuck with the wrong image of myself...some monster who doesn't care about cellulite, varicose veins, wrinkles, and the ears of a Teletubby...!!!!:D:D:D

Back