Hey Everyone!

I think the idea of grabbing drinks and possibly dinner afterwards sounds good. I live in San Telmo, but I probably spend the majority of my time in Palermo. Since I've been gone for the past 2 years a lot of bars/restaurants have changed, so recommendations for cool bars to meet up would be appreciated. Otherwise I can ask friends in the next day or two. How's this Friday night?

Look forward to meet you all!

Salut!

It would be great to join you! In the city since one year ago and still wanting to meet new people! I came from France but I was born in Argentina...and lived in Brazil and Spain...

Hope to hear from you!

Cheers!

This Friday would work for me! I think someone suggested 7pm at some point; maybe we could meet at a happy hour somewhere?

Hi to all of you out there
I now live in Alaska with my husband and 4 kids. I was born in Buenos Aires and attended Northlands Girls School till 1970. Spent many a summer with a friend on her sheep ranch in Carmen de Patagones as well as a beef ranch in Entre Rios. My mother is Welsh and her family came over to Argentina/Patagonia/Rio Negro when she was 8. So her family were real pioneers in those days.
I have been in Alaska since 1986, before that I travelled in Europe and lived in the UK and Spain for a while.
I teach early grades and Highschool Spanish at a small private school in interior Alaska. My youngest son - whom I homeschool - is a Down Syndrome child of 12. He has has launched me into the arena of special education. Hope to get my special ed. certification one of these days.
Have not had much of a chance to get back to Argentina...last time was in '94. - when I went back to bury my darling father - an Italian immigrant - ..I know, I know,....shame on me. My youngest sister Marina, still lives there, married to a small animal vet.
She has just retired from 30 years with Aerolineas Argentinas. My mother still lives in Entre Rios, Concordia, as does my oldest brother. My youngest brother lives in China with his family, running an Arg. based leather business.The rest of my sisters live here in the US.
I love yerba mate and got a friend to send me some original Taragui plus a lovely silver enbossed matero and drinking straw.
Enough about me...thanks for letting me join
cheers
gri buongiorne

Me again,
some of my fondest memories of growing up in BA, are the times I spent with my Italian and Welsh grandmothers. Grama Ines lived in Olivos and her family were all in Saavedra so she would take me there often. My Welsh granny Nain (welsh for grannie) lives in Quilmes, so I wld hop on the train (sometimes missed my stop and went all the way to the end!) so she would take me around lovely Quilmes....she lived in a quaint cottage, and made superb grape jelly from an old parra of uvas chinche...yummy!!
I grew up also in the area of Olivos - actually right infront of Northlands School - and then we moved to Beccar.
cheers
gri b

alaskamama said:
Me again,
some of my fondest memories of growing up in BA, are the times I spent with my Italian and Welsh grandmothers. Grama Ines lived in Olivos and her family were all in Saavedra so she would take me there often. My Welsh granny Nain (welsh for grannie) lives in Quilmes, so I wld hop on the train (sometimes missed my stop and went all the way to the end!) so she would take me around lovely Quilmes....she lived in a quaint cottage, and made superb grape jelly from an old parra of uvas chinche...yummy!!
I grew up also in the area of Olivos - actually right infront of Northlands School - and then we moved to Beccar.
cheers
gri b
hey,we moved from Beccar 3 years ago.Centenario/Sarandi...next to the train station,suerte;)

Thanks Katie for the idea. Let's meet 7pm this Friday for happy hour. I'd just go ahead and chose a place if I knew one that had happy hour. Someone please suggests one, maybe in Palermo Viejo area?

Hey guys, I'm 28 and will be moving to BsAs in mid Oct. to study Spanish. I am looking forward to meeting new people, so don't forget to let me know when you are organizing sth nice! :)

Unless anyone objects let's meet at Wherever Bar on Friday night at 7 pm. I believe they have happy hour specials. We could do dinner or whatever else we want afterwards.

Their address is Santa Maria de Oro 2476 which is right off Santa Fe and very close to the Palermo subte station.

Could you message me that you're coming, just so I know someone is?! Thanks, hope to see all of you there.

I plan on stopping by! Have to work Friday but I should be free by then.

STElmoFranco I'll send you a quick PM with my number in case something comes up : )

EufemiaEudoxia - Just shoot a message to meet up when you get down here, bienvenido y suerte!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zimm Newcomers Forum 3
H Newcomers Forum 31
O Newcomers Forum 0
S Newcomers Forum 1
B Newcomers Forum 3
Back