Highly discriminatory comments by government official

Discriminatory... Against the richest and most powerful people in the country? Who went on expensive vacations in the middle of a pandemic and brought the virus back here?

Discrimination is about disadvantage, you can't discriminate against the ultra rich.

You guys are a treat.

I see your point but I don't think many understood the gravity of the crisis. Shouldn't they have been told that once they leave, they may not get back? Or they could have been required to sign a waiver at Ezeiza. I'm sure that most had tickets and tours that were non refundable. That's a lot of money for most Argentines and they are naturally very reluctant to lose it. But MOST IMPORTANT, even if these people used poor judgment, no government official should be using insulting slang terms to describe them. What's next? Racial slurs? Religious slurs? And isn't the official who made the comment well paid and probably affluent himself? The same as everyone else in the government? Aren't they all part of the wealthy class?

That's the point, they AREN'T average argentines. The average Argentine makes $350 a month (this is the actual, factual average wage, including workers en negro).

The average Argentine could never hope to save for a European vacation. These people are not average, they are mega privileged, and they have screwed the average Argentine over with their selfishness.

Comparing 'cheto' to racial slurs is so painfully stupid, especially with how much people on this forum despise the poor. Honestly it just hurts.

Discriminatory... Against the richest and most powerful people in the country? Who went on expensive vacations in the middle of a pandemic and brought the virus back here?

Discrimination is about disadvantage, you can't discriminate against the ultra rich.

You guys are a treat.

And shame on you ventanilla, a privileged first world citizen coming here, spreading whatever bacteria and viruses you picked up along your travels and speaking down to native Argentines like Sergio.

IMHO, Ventanilla sounds more like a resentful, slogan-parroting Camporist than a First World citizen.

Or a salon amateur leftie - known in the US as limousine liberals.

And shame on you ventanilla, a privileged first world citizen coming here, spreading whatever bacteria and viruses you picked up along your travels and speaking down to native Argentines like Sergio.
Foreigners who came had two options: a) quarantine or b) to leave the country immediately.

The debate here is different. Most of those 30.000 argentines who left, they did it in show of disrespect and rebeldy to the President. Most of them claimed for years free market, no State interference, they clapped when teachers and doctors were beaten, they sent virologist to do artisan beer to survive because they agreed with the cut of 50% of the budget of the Malbran (the virology state institut), they were who were spreading hate in the media looking for the shut down of Aerolíneas Argentinas.
DE1B4B71-677D-48A2-BF09-2AAE78FEC245.jpeg
The President was clear that they are going to be repatriated, but they will have to wait. Now there are only 10.000 left.
However, everybody is laughing about them:
3FFA3FD9-20C0-49A5-AD1E-0D34D2209BFD.jpeg

Foreigners who came had two options: a) quarantine or b) to leave the country immediately.

The debate here is different. Most of those 30.000 argentines who left, they did it in show of disrespect and rebeldy to the President. Most of them claimed for years free market, no State interference, they clapped when teachers and doctors were beaten, they sent virologist to do artisan beer to survive because they agreed with the cut of 50% of the budget of the Malbran (the virology state institut), they were who were spreading hate in the media looking for the shut down of Aerolíneas Argentinas.

The President was clear that they are going to be repatriated, but they will have to wait. Now there are only 10.000 left.
However, everybody is laughing about them:

I agree with this president on many things. From his assessment of the CFK government as "deplorable" to his handling of the coronavirus crisis thus far.

I don't think people left in the pandemic because "they did it in show of disrespect to the president", but rather because they didn't think the virus was much of a threat, like many on this forum believed, and they didn't want to lose their airfare, hotel payments, etc. They made their decision and now they have to deal with the consequences.

I agree with this president on many things. From his assessment of the CFK government as "deplorable" to his handling of the coronavirus crisis thus far.

I don't think people left in the pandemic because "they did it in show of disrespect to the president", but rather because they didn't think the virus was much of a threat, like many on this forum believed, and they didn't want to lose their airfare, hotel payments, etc. They made their decision and now they have to deal with the consequences.

No, WE deal with the consequences. That's the thing, they don't understand that their actions affect others because they were given everything from birth.

No, WE deal with the consequences. That's the thing, they don't understand that their actions affect others because they were given everything from birth.
do you know precisely the situation of all of the people who traveled outside the country? their family background, history, wealth, etc?

Back