Hillary Rodham Clinton Next President Of The United States.

The Electoral College convenes on December 19th to vote in their best judgment for the next president. One Republican elector says he will not be voting for Donald Trump. If enough electors join him in this move, Hillary could be elected president after the vote by 538 people who decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3btqp-vvlj0&t=0s

jantango:
Many thanks for a very interesting ,timely and informative post and link,I am now updated on the history and workings of the Electoral College.Moreover,I am even somewhat hopeful that there could be more Republican electors like Republican Mr. Suprun who might not vote for trump.

Gringoboy: i wouldn't hold my breath nor would I " bet the ranch against it" either.

ha ha ha. The Electoral College will confirm the vote even if one elector goes against the popular vote in his state. The electoral system should have been reformed when Bush won the electoral vote and lost the popular vote. Unfortunately there are many vested interests that keep it intact. Instead of daydreaming about the impossible, it will be more important to see to what extent Trump carries out his populist promises. So far he has appointed Wall Street Establishment people and old generals. Not exactly the change he promised.

ha ha ha. The Electoral College will confirm the vote even if one elector goes against the popular vote in his state. The electoral system should have been reformed when Bush won the electoral vote and lost the popular vote. Unfortunately there are many vested interests that keep it intact. Instead of daydreaming about the impossible, it will be more important to see to what extent Trump carries out his populist promises. So far he has appointed Wall Street Establishment people and old generals. Not exactly the change he promised.
"populist promises"????

He has drained the swamp so he could find the biggest alligators in the mud at the very bottom. All you Trump voter hold on for a horrible ride. We live in interesting times.

T/

The Electoral College convenes on December 19th to vote in their best judgment for the next president. One Republican elector says he will not be voting for Donald Trump. If enough electors join him in this move, Hillary could be elected president after the vote by 538 people who decide.

https://www.youtube....btqp-vvlj0&t=0s

Like my mother used to say, "Be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it."

There is another possible outcome: If neither Trump or Clinton receive 270 electoral votes, the next president will be selected by the US House of Representatives.

The Republicans have an overwhelming majority, but they would not be obligated to vote for the Don.

Most of them are "Establishment" Republicans and only a few of them supported Trump in the first place.

As a result, the country could be Bushwhacked...again.

The move from denial to acceptance seems to be taking longer for some than others... B) . He won, you lost or as some UK politicians have described it today with regards to the same intransigence from the EU:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The one thing that we unequivocally understand populism to signify is “something that other people like, but I don’t.”[/background]

I am anti-Trump, anti Clinton and anti anything that signifies business as usual whether in Europe, US or anywhere where the rich have got richer and the poor poorer. Help me understand why that was working for the world as a whole (as opposed to your own pocket or ideology).

"populist promises"????

He has drained the swamp so he could find the biggest alligators in the mud at the very bottom. All you Trump voter hold on for a horrible ride. We live in interesting times.

T/

Yes, of course populist. What else would you call promises to stop outsourcing, stop manufacturing abroad, reduce US military presence (he continually condemned the Iraq War and spoke of his skepticism of NATO, his desire to let Japan and South Korea defend themselves, his rejection of "nation building" etc). He supported term limits, criticized Wall Street, condemned Hillary for her ties to Goldman Sachs etc. Sure sounds like populism to me. Now he seems to be turning away from what got him elected.

Yes, of course populist. What else would you call promises to stop outsourcing, stop manufacturing abroad, reduce US military presence (he continually condemned the Iraq War and spoke of his skepticism of NATO, his desire to let Japan and South Korea defend themselves, his rejection of "nation building" etc). He supported term limits, criticized Wall Street, condemned Hillary for her ties to Goldman Sachs etc. Sure sounds like populism to me. Now he seems to be turning away from what got him elected.

given the evidence so far, I would call those promises "little white lies".
he is still outsourcing himself, as is his daughter, with no plans to change.
He is hiring Wall Street honchos at a frantic rate- we are up to 4 different Goldman Sachs Alumni (or current COO) so far, and he has over 2000 appointments to make as the executive.

my favorite is- today, he is accusing the CIA, along with 15 other intelligence agencies, of lying, while he is defending Russia.
Because, of course the president of the USA trusts a fascist former communist nation over our own agents.
And several of his top picks were either paid directly by Russia (Flynn) or cut very profitable deals with Russia (and that would include Trump himself, of course- one reason he wont release his tax returns is that it would show his loans and deals and sales with high placed Putin allies).

So what is the price that Trump will pay Putin for his help in winning the election? Eastern Europe? The rest of the Ukraine?

T/

Back