Homesickness

I hear you when it comes to being homesick i 've always found comfort in these words"Tomorrow it's the most important thing in life,comes into us at midnight very clean,it's perfect when it arrives,and it puts itself in our hands,It hopes we've learned something from yesterday''.I think we all are here for a reason,whatever the reason,we have decided to live here.I find no use in being to sentimental about what's already behind me.Treasure the good memories and forget about the bad ones ,but in the end,that's all they are , memories.

I am still curious... why is your nickname Gringoboy?

fat-kid.jpg

Adri sometimes calls me Gringo, I'm not a boy any longer and I don't eat McD. :)

I knew i had some weird homesickness going the other day when i found a KFC (kentucky fried chicken) in alto palermo.... along with wendys in the mall....

i hadnt eaten KFC in 15 years... but thinking back to my days as a little kid .. chicken in the bucket was fantastic hahaha

Interesting article here on this subject from the BBC:
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20140428-combat-expat-homesickness

I myself have never suffered any homesickness and I have lived for more than a decade in Argentina, USA and Czech Republic as well as 3 years in Poland(communist Poland that is, Egypt and Brazil) Each place offers its pros and cons. In today's world, one can be so easily in touch(and so cheaply too..not like years ago when an international call cost a fortune and had to be booked in advance! as well as post which was often censured and very slow!) Emails, calls and skying are like the real thing but a close second!I miss a few food items or customs but if I really would ever feel total homesickness, I'D GO HOME!
Just my opinion not right or wrong, just mine!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Expat Life 6
Vagrant Violet Expat Life 12
H Expat Life 28
Back