Hong Kong Style- Real Gourmet Chinese

Balls Deep

Registered
Chef Lui Cheuk Hung (real name) is brilliant. He is a world class chef who cooks authentic & delicious Hong Kong Style dishes. By far, the best Chinese food in Buenos Aires, so far. The fried sweet & sour Mero is one of the best Chinese dishes I've ever had. English friendly!

Located in Chinatown (Belgrano)

CLOSED Wednesday!

Hong Kong Style.

Montaneses, 2149[/COLOR]

Tele- 4 786-3456

I can't seem to find my wife's favorite, General Tso's Chicken, I think that dish was invented in NY.

I have eaten here several times in the last few weeks, and this has become my favorite Chinese restaurant in Buenos Aires.

They have several dim-sum type entradas, all of which are tasty, and the whole mero (grouper) is, in fact, excellant. I am going there tonight to try the peking duck, which must be ordered an hour in advance. I'll report back, although the last time I was there the next-door table had ordered it and it looked pretty good!

I have tried most of the joints in barrio china, and although some are better then others this one stands out. My second favorite is a place called Sabia, on the corner of Montenesas and Munroe, which also offer some different dishes (try the stuffed lychees &/or the pork ribs with anise.)

Enjoy!

David

SilverStar said:
I can't seem to find my wife's favorite, General Tso's Chicken, I think that dish was invented in NY.

It wasn't and the general actually existed. He was a general during the warlord cliques part of Chinese history during the 20th century (1919-1927ish).

That is if I remember my history classes correctly.

Also because China is huge there are many many regional cuisines you will encounter once then never again because of the tremendous variety of choice.

I went to Hong Kong Style yesterday for dinner and I must say it is very very good! The waiters are very nice, the food is super fresh and well prepared. the prices are intermediate and the place is nicely decorated. I had some shrimp past, dim sum, squid and beef with black pepper.

I had planned to go here yesterday but I was foiled again! The hours listed on guia oleo are not correct. They are now open for dinner only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I don't know if this is temporary.

Oooh - glad I saw this, will try on Monday next week. Thanks for the recommendation!

citygirl said:
Oooh - glad I saw this, will try on Monday next week. Thanks for the recommendation!

Not for lunch! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday closed for lunch! (I think my post above is not very clear).

Back