How do I meet other young expats in Buenos Aires

coopsgeyer

Registered
Hey there,

I'm a 22 year old bloke from Western Australia who is living in Buenos Aires for 4 months with my Argentinian girlfriend. The thing is, I want to meet other expats around my age who speak english so I can hang out with other people other than just my gf and her friends while I'm here. What do you guys think is the best way to do this? I've been here for two weeks by the way.

Cheers,

Cooper

Last edited:
I lived there last year for three months and sometimes on the Tuesday meetings there might be some young adults about your age that would attend . Not regularly though.
There are some Americans that do semesters abroad at the local Universities so you could try there or bars/coffee shops. Or maybe put out feelers to see if there is a local group that plays football, Australian rules, cricket or something like that?
There weren’t many sports bars but a couple that might have an English speaking crowd?

oy mate, same here. as young expats is kinda hard to meet another young expats around BA, other than ur friend from your own country. i gotta plan for a drink by tomorrow. inbox me if u wanna join. im from indonesia btw.

Try mundilingo and also some of the ba expat Facebook groups have a younger crowd. If you search , you will find! Enjoy!! :)

Yea go on meetup.com and look for intercambios (language exchanges) it's usually a younger crowd

There are other expats site here, where the majority of the people is between 20-35, i cannot pass the name here i guess as that will be the same as advertising them, but use google you will find it. There are as well a lot of event all the time where there are plenty of foreigners, like Mundo lingo, Spanglish, beer pong, and there are plenty of European and Americans in the universities, you can enroll yourself in the student apartment the section of English students I don’t think you need to proof you are a student in order to hear of the activities, there are plenty of exchange students or dual master students. In my university UCA I remember when I was still studying there was a section on the student apartment that normally organized events for English students, they where around 200 students in my faculty that stay long term, so probably is a good place to start, I’m sure uba has a lot more students from other country’s but probably is more disorganized than the Uca or other private universitys in that.

Back