How do people here afford McDonalds/Burger King?

MasChicoTenes said:
No, you cant afford mcdonalds with 25 pesos. Thats the whole point of this thread. Ok... ? You need at least around 40

Golden Arch runs promos since quite many months, right now it's the "quarter pounder with cheese" costing a mere 12$.

Nevertheless, sociologically, Mc Do's here have an audience of middle class people (rare to see a plumber or an albanil). Somehow they don't have the same broad range of clients as in the US or Europe for instance.

Indeed, inflation is a real problem though.

I just went an hour over the border to chile, and every single meal here is about 30 percent less than argentina, despite the economy and wages being higher

MasChicoTenes said:
Now do you understand, dude?

MasChicoTenes said:
El Duderino seems to understand very little

Can't you at least give him a chance to reply before answering your own question for him?

The last time I was in Bahia Blanca McDonalds was offering a triple Big Mac for $13 pesos.

elhombresinnombre said:
I can stand up and I can sweep floors. So tell me which city I have to ask for when I book the air ticket?

Darwin, the northern most city of Australia. I can get you a good deal on accomodation there too as i own 2 houses there, luxurious and for rent

MasChicoTenes said:
I just went an hour over the border to chile, and every single meal here is about 30 percent less than argentina, despite the economy and wages being higher

Perhaps you should stay there next time if that's what's important to you.

MasChicoTenes said:
No, you cant afford mcdonalds with 25 pesos. Thats the whole point of this thread. Ok... ?

Actually, as I understand it, you can. According to Argentine friends who regularly purchase it, there is a "combo" that costs only 20 pesos (and does not suffer from inflationary increases, thanks to your friendly local populist government.) It's not listed on the menu, but if you ask for it, they have to give it to you for that set price (much like the "short cappuccino" at Starbucks).

That said... unfortunately, in Argentina, American chains are a status symbol. Which probably the depressingly large crowds at TGI Friday's, Subway, and other middle-American bastions of grease and sodium.

starlucia said:
...middle-American bastions of grease and sodium.

Have you ever condisered how much "grease" (primarily "fat" from cheese) and sodium are in every slice of pseudo Italian pizza served in BA?

In every single newspaper published every single day there are 2x1 and other promotions. There is also a whole list of low price items and a 20peso Big Mac meal. It's 40 for all the new meals like the triple Big Mac and if you pay full price.

Yes. I'm lucky enough to walk by a McDs every day on my way to work. LOL. At lunch time it's filled with school kids.

Back