• I own a car, I drive most of the time

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I own a car, but I take public transit on a regular basis as well

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Mostly in taxi

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Mostly on Subte/buses

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • I usually ride a bicycle, rollerblade, scooter, etc.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • A fairly even mix of public transit and taxis

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Walking

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other- explain in the comments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We walk and use the bus, if we have to we use the subway. When we go out of town and travel we rent a car.
Nancy

Bike, if possible.
Subway
Bus
Walk
...Taxi... only when necessary and/or with other people (friends, not strangers), because it's just so damned expensive (comparatively).

Mostly walking and buses. Sometimes the subte. Taxis only when going to the airport or bus station with luggage.

Colectivos, subte only when in danger of being late. Taxis just to/from the nearest bus stop when it's too far from where I want to go. No need to pay 10-20 or even much more times to the cab what I pay for the Bus. And most important for me: until now there hasn't been a busdriver trying to screw me ;-) (or probably some charged me like 1.25 instead of 1.10 back last year when those were the prices and I fresh in town, but I could live with that^^) Same for Subte against Bus, feeling more secure and comfortable in the Bus, less pickpocketers imho, better view, even if it takes longer. Well and depending on my mood and schedule I sometimes simply walk.

Taxis, because they're cheap.
Lived in BsAs for a year only took the subway a couple of times. Taxis are cheap...

1. Bike - Ironic, because a few years ago I would have been terrified to use one here. I ride my bike to 75% of every place I go.
2. Subte - Much faster than the buses
3. Bus

You couldn't pay me to drive a car here. Taxis are, as Napoleon said, are too expensive comparatively to justify the cost.

1. Bike - Ironic, because a few years ago I would have been terrified to use one here. I ride my bike to 75% of every place I go.
2. Subte - Much faster than the buses
3. Bus

You couldn't pay me to drive a car here. Taxis are, as Napoleon said, are too expensive comparatively to justify the cost.

Taxis cost me about $4 to get across town, how is this expensive?

Taxis cost me about $4 to get across town, how is this expensive?

what is cross town exactly

from where to where

Car, subte, taxi and bus when the subte is too hot or cramped. Feel guilty about over use of the car but since my wife's cmpany pay the gas bills it is hard to ignore!

Back