Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 401 - 500%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 - 999%

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 1000% or greater

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Anybody else want to contribute to the survey by barrio?

Per suggestion of 2GuysInPM, I'm happy to run the numbers by square meter and barrio if you want to contribute data. Based on a few data points I have already, I don't see any correlation based on size of apartment, but there's very little data.

Based on this handful of data points, I don't see an obvious correlation by barrio, apartment size, or building age. Basically, I don't find any logic at all in what they've done here.

PM. Our rate is now $42/sqm, but we do take advantage of the 20% discount.

The ABL for my 70m2 pied-a-terre in Belgrano doubled to $900...about U$D200/yr. The place I hope to sell soon in nu-joisy burns U$D1100...a month! Great schools and clean streets, but what come first? Chicken or egg? Higher RE taxes or better services and no dog poop in the sidewalks?

What a wild ride it is living in Argentina. As one of my Porteno friends says, it's like getting kick in the head everyday. (he was referring to economic things). My ABL increased 85%. Got it on Wednesday and had to pay it on Monday and addition 1200 pesos. My landlord said, yeah, it's Argentina.. i'm sick of hearing that everything something non sensical or just plain dumb is done here. Hey, but they're right, it's Argentina so expect to get kicked in the head every day economically. The rest is lovely, the city is beautiful, the people for the most part warm and polite, my apartment gorgeous, my barrio tranquilo my friends open and funny, my budhist group is like my family. Love it all execpt for the unstable government and the uncertainity of prices. I've been here 5 years so I can say, geez it's gotten expensive!!!

What is ABL and why did it increase so drastically? I will be looking for an apartment in BA in February and this worries me!

tqtqtq said:
What is ABL and why did it increase so drastically? I will be looking for an apartment in BA in February and this worries me!

ABL is your property tax. Don't freak out, by law it can't be more than 1% of the market value of the property, which is about what they charge in most places in the USA.

tqtqtq said:
The acronym stands for "Street Lights, Garbage Collection, and Street Cleaning."

There are other taxes on the value of a property.

If you plan to rent an apartment, you will probably be renting on a temporary rental contract, where the landlord almost always pays all the taxes and services.

Could someone explain if the impuesto inmobliaro is paid by the renter. My contract say I pay the ABL but my landlord wants me to pay this. The new tax bill has ABL on one line and impuesto inmobliaro on the next line. seems they are two different taxes.

Back