How To Bringing In Dollars To Bs As For Possible Business

Kaiten just means the conveyor belt.
Its perfectly possible to have a Kaiten sushi restaurant without a fancy computer ordering system.
In fact, most of the ones I have been to, in Japan, and in the USA (there are lots of em in the US) dont have the touch screen order- they just make duplicates of the best sellers, and you just snag the ones you want as they go by.
And even in Japan, Kaiten is not limited to sushi- there can be plates of fruit, skewers of yakitori, bowls of miso soup, udon, gyoza, or just about anything else you can think of.

The low tech way to do it is just have the conveyor belt constantly running, and the waiters just count your plates- different priced items are different colored plates. So the waiters dont take orders, or deliver food, just walk around once in a while and hand out tickets with your cuenta on them, then you pay as you leave.

NO tech is required, beyond one simple motor.

And, yes, I think the concept would be a hit here- but you might have to throw on plates of fuggazetta, alfajores, and empanadas, too.
But, really, what is Gyoza, but a japanese empanada?
Ries-san, Your hammer has hit on the nails head spot- on...Yes, perhaps the computer tech marvel implementation can be taken out from the "Kaiten Sushi system" it can be much simpler to just have the "robots" making the rice portion of Sushi-Nigiri behind scene and cutting the Sashimi fish fillets sized to making the morsels and smearing the green spicy wasabis between the fish fillets and rice ball then just put on the conveyour till your desired preferred Sushi arrives right on front of your eyes. Yes on the colours of the plates in order for the servers to calculate the :Cuenta" to bill each patrons. But if the servers are bit too slow and more prone to making mistakes for the mathematic calculations, then me be relying to sorting the calculation in deffrent format..But as you already mentioned above, the Kaiten Sushi is not only for Sushi serving, I can put on varied japanese menus right along the Sushis. The Tonkatsu, the Gyu-katsus, yakitoris,Tempuras all appetising to salivate Argentinean's eyes me thinks. Any more ideas coming my ways?

Rich One-San, Now, Now, please remember that in Japan, any electro/computer periphery for Business operation has to be guaranteed to under any circumstances, be there black-outs or any other problems arising, they are to be working almost forever with very little servicing on them. Japanese Business never would go idle 'cause of its equipments failures thus downtime.Not tolerable, period! I even will have this Kaiten Sushi system connected as a back up, an array of Nickel metal hydride battery packs taken out from totalled in accidents Toyota Prius Hybrid vehicles to be prepared for the Bs As famous "black outs'!

Remember, the made-in-japan products are _over- engineered_ thus very unlikely to break-down, but I opined you must be using the Americo-Europeeans merchandisings, the break downs you mention here very understandable!! Just imagine Japan, the size of its size-entire archipelago all added together, is smaller than your neighbouring tiny Chile~landia..But it has emerged to be the third largest GDP power house on the globe, and in order to get there, has to show and offer to the outside world that any J-products are very high quality and thus durable. A manifestation apparatus of the hard working Japanese people...We have zero resource, we import almost everything from abroad but then rework them then selling to the exterior as made in Japan products, with pride.! But it may very soon, the entire island of Nippon, will dissapear under the water of the pacific ocean due to its non avoidable cataclysm coming to surface in my preluding vision for the future of fatality to come. Perhaps, I should be negotiating with Argentina govnmnt for exodus_for money_ asylum of the Samurai race genre of Japan to immigrate to your vast landmass of Argentina in an exodus before the catastrophe strike...

What can I say ... Good luck....

In fact, all traditional Japanese somewhat healthy but tasty dishes can be offered on Kaiten Sushi conveyour to the timid Argentinean but Eyes and smells that sees sniffs it tickles the senses same throughout the varying races of this planet..

https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1SNNT_ENUS515&q=what+contributed+to+argentina+ecomic+collapse+of+the+2000s&oq=what+contributed+to+argentina+ecomic+collapse+of+the+2000s&gs_l=igoogle.3...51.19390.0.21878.31.4.0.27.0.0.424.1049.0j2j4-2.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.igoogle.US0Ft9WPMTM#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=b4686441d4157bde&q=japanese+traditional+popular+dishes++pictures

I admire your fortitude Hybrid.
That's an asset which you'll need in bucket loads.
Good luck!

Hybrid,

Just like that mysterious Englishman proposed over PM:

wealthy Argentines are eager to take their money out of the country, particularly those dealing with large sums of cash off the books. For instance, architects and engineers, when they sell real estate, they usually report a book value way under the actual transaction price. Therefore, they're left with tons of cash under their mattress.

If you come to BsAs and get acquainted with the locals, or even with the Japanese community, you will eventually find partners who will give you cash in exchange of your wiring the same amount of money to their foreign bank account.

Another method is to resort to some local ForEx companies; I was told once that they take a 3% cut.

An account in Uruguay is another method Argentines resort to. However, both countries do share bank information as of a few years ago, and it's not advisable to cross the border with hoards of cash.

Best of luck, and I look forward to your restaurant!

ps: I'm a local Porteño

I would invest in a franchise of a major Kiosko like 25 hours , An ethnic food resto has a major drawback in BA , you have a star primadona chef, he has you over the barrel asks for huge raises or threatens to go with the competition... Finding a specialty ethnic chef isn't easy, No chef no business...!!

You really need to do some in the field research.
Your basic concept will work. But you need to see, with your own eyes, Argentina, and Chile, and what people eat.

For example, you mention sashimi.

Good luck with that. I will eat it, and I have a son who will hoover up the maguro all day long.

But, in Buenos Aires, believe it or not, 99% of the fish in sushi is COOKED. Its wrong, its silly, it lessens the quality immensely. But most sushi eaten here is either canned tuna, which, of course, was cooked before it was put in the can, or cooked salmon. And the occasional cooked shrimp.

The entire point of sushi, of course, is raw, fresh ingredients with natural tastes, touched as little as possible.

But Argentines are not very interested in seafood at all- given that the entire Atlantic is right there, you would expect amazing seafood, but there are almost no fish markets in the entire city.
And RAW FISH gives them the willies.

Tourists who already know sushi will eat the real thing, of course, but to make it work, you need local customers.

Which is why I recommend more of a focus on udon and ramen, robata, tempura, gyoza, okonomiyaki, and similar things.

>>>Which is why I recommend more of a focus on udon and ramen, robata, tempura, gyoza, okonomiyaki, and similar things.<<<<

Yes all dishes mentioned by you above makes great sense. I can do the Tonkatsus and the Gyu-Katsus 'cause the Argies do the fried beef Milanesas any ways already. So they won't put up a fight for my Japanised version of their counterpart. Also, verry interested to see them eating the "Okonomiyakis"
It is so simple to make, I cook them at least 2~3 times a week preparing them with all assorted diff. ingredients..

https://www.google.com/search?q=okonomiyaki+pics&rlz=1G1SNNT_ENUS515&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MYEOUp3bBJOByQHtoIBQ&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1149&bih=627

https://www.google.com/search?q=okonomiyaki+pics&rlz=1G1SNNT_ENUS515&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MYEOUp3bBJOByQHtoIBQ&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1149&bih=627#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=584e6f03ba966077&q=okonomiyaki+cooking+movie&sa=1&tbm=isch

http://www.otafukusauce.com/e/recipes/cookingmovie/kansai.html

Back