how to get your first drivers licence

Does Argie DMV require a high education completion diploma to show that you are educated enough to merit an Argentine Driver License? A friend gringo in Chile saz his college degree were not accepted but instructed to go and finish a Chilean "octavo basico"
education to show that you are competent enough to read road signs!

No of course not. Probably the majority of taxi drivers only have their high school diploma. But usually those with a HS diploma can read signs. You do need a DNI, and you either need to attend an authorized driving academy or take the written exam, the psychological exam and the driving test. In layman's terms the Argie DMV is referred to as Transito and it's located in Roca. Roca is the avenue it's on in Villa Lugano. No one ever says Direccion General de Licencias.

I've seen it... rarely, but it will not be in any high profile places as part of the restrictions of that "badge" is keeping out microcentro, not allowed on the autopista, or roads of high "congestion".
I think sometimes that it is probably purposely not displayed.

When I first got my license here, and I had to drive on General Paz, I used to take my P sign down so the police wouldn't spot. Naughty girl.

No of course not. Probably the majority of taxi drivers only have their high school diploma. But usually those with a HS diploma can read signs. You do need a DNI, and you either need to attend an authorized driving academy or take the written exam, the psychological exam and the driving test. In layman's terms the Argie DMV is referred to as Transito and it's located in Roca. Roca is the avenue it's on in Villa Lugano. No one ever says Direccion General de Licencias.
OK, I can't resist. You mentioned taxi drivers and it immediately brought up fear and loathing for those beasts.
Taxi drivers, colectiveros, camioneros, et al (actually anyone who drives for a living) should be required to be mentally evaluated WEEKLY and have to go to DAILY morning seminars on rules of the road, right-of-way, courteous conduct.
Seems like the ones who drive the most are the ones who need a drivers course the most! :p

OK, I can't resist. You mentioned taxi drivers and it immediately brought up fear and loathing for those beasts.
Taxi drivers, colectiveros, camioneros, et al (actually anyone who drives for a living) should be required to be mentally evaluated WEEKLY and have to go to DAILY morning seminars on rules of the road, right-of-way, courteous conduct.
Seems like the ones who drive the most are the ones who need a drivers course the most! :p

Tell me about it. I've been through many, many, many drivers of my taxis the last few years.The job of a colectivero is extremely stressful and many if not most do indeed go to a therapist and several have to eventually give up their job for psychological stress-related work issues.

I better go to Spain first to spend sometime sightseeing again and then obtaining a Spanish DL there. It is known that either Chile and perhaps Argentina too accepting the Spanish DL as valid and exchanging for a countries valid drivers license.?

Back