How To Use Paypal To Get Money Out?

Yes that is the limit and this is one of the best ways to get dollars at oficial rate if you have family outside the country.

Does that mean that if I use the ayuda familiar option to transfer money, AFIP is not going to charge me the extra 20%?
Also do they need a proof of family connection and if yes what kind?

There was a thread on Ayuda Familiar recently. Has lots of good info.

Regarding PayPal, I recently set this up as a way to save money too. Info on this thread is correct. You can set up 2 PayPal accounts - one here and one in your home country. Pay yourself through PayPal using your Arg. credit card. Or, if you are anally obsessive about AFIP knocking on your door you can have a second account set up under a family member's name. Pay them as a consultant.

This method still works, just don´t overdo it and go crazy, as banks especially watch Paypal transactions. You can, however be creative and use different ewallets, so many toys out there Payoneer, Skrill, Neteller, among others ;)

I'm unable to make payments to paypal above 500 USD. I already spoke with my bank and visa in several opportunities but for some reason my visa (gold, with a lot of limit) is having issues and I'm not the only one. I called Visa to request authorization (jesus, yes, permission to spend my own money) for around 3 grands and I wasn't able to make it in one single payment. After several tries I found that 500 is the lucky number (after auth, if not it fails too). Eg, I try 1000 it fails. I try 700 it fails. I tried 500 it sends the money. 500 again, money is sent. 700.. error (it asks me to try another card). I try again with 500 and it works..

I had to buy a plain ticket (connection) for 200usd and the card was rejected. I end up using another one (BoA) cause I was tired and just wanted to make the purchase fast. It really really sucks seeing how the govermnent is blocking credit card transactions.

Are you saying that the government is blocking foreign cards held by non citizens?

I'm unable to make payments to paypal above 500 USD. I already spoke with my bank and visa in several opportunities but for some reason my visa (gold, with a lot of limit) is having issues and I'm not the only one. I called Visa to request authorization (jesus, yes, permission to spend my own money) for around 3 grands and I wasn't able to make it in one single payment. After several tries I found that 500 is the lucky number (after auth, if not it fails too). Eg, I try 1000 it fails. I try 700 it fails. I tried 500 it sends the money. 500 again, money is sent. 700.. error (it asks me to try another card). I try again with 500 and it works..

I had to buy a plain ticket (connection) for 200usd and the card was rejected. I end up using another one (BoA) cause I was tired and just wanted to make the purchase fast. It really really sucks seeing how the govermnent is blocking credit card transactions.
The 500 has been in effect for at least a year. Banks don´t care if your card´s limit is much higher, them and Visa will not authorize Paypal over that. If you try to pay at some online store you will most likely won´t have this issue. A store that has its own merchant account that is and not PP. It is a witch hunt and it affects both locals and foreigners. Of course none of this is " official " so you will not get it in written and will not get an explanation... nobody dares challenging Moreno - directly- you know?

Back