How To Use Paypal To Get Money Out?

Yeah I get what you mean but its a strange way to make a point about contentious people ruining discussions.

I thought I would revive this thread. I recently tried to pay a bill for some services for a relative with an Argentine VISA card via PayPal. The transaction was denied. I contacted VISA and was told that this is not possible to do. However when I spoke to Banco Francés, this issuer of my VISA card they told me that there is no restriction on their part on my card from the bank, and that I should be able to pay it. I am really upset. Does anybody know how it's possible to pay someone via a credit card in the US? Where that person could then transfer the money to their bank account? Or is there no more hope, at least for now. I know there are other payment services out there, but since I've never used any of them, I am unsure.

I thought I would revive this thread. I recently tried to pay a bill for some services for a relative with an Argentine VISA card via PayPal. The transaction was denied. I contacted VISA and was told that this is not possible to do. However when I spoke to Banco Francés, this issuer of my VISA card they told me that there is no restriction on their part on my card from the bank, and that I should be able to pay it. I am really upset. Does anybody know how it's possible to pay someone via a credit card in the US? Where that person could then transfer the money to their bank account? Or is there no more hope, at least for now. I know there are other payment services out there, but since I've never used any of them, I am unsure.

Had the same problem. I was able to make purchases from paypal up to 500 USD for a long time. If I tried something above that number, it was rejected (even after calling Visa and getting the authorization). I couldn't pay for 600 usd.. but I could make four or six 500 usd payments one after the other.

A month ago I tried again and this time I couldn't even make a simple purchase of 300 nor 400. I called Visa, got the approval.. but got the same message. It wasn't a Paypal error, I already knew the drill. I called again, same thing. I tried with another credit card, a Mastercard, same error (both cards are gold). I called them and the agent read to me that the purchase was indeed being blocked and that payments to paypal were blocked and there wasn't anything we could do. She told me she was sorry, that I should find another way to pay for that.

I believe she shared with me something she wasn't supposed to (she was reading the explanation for the blocked payment), but I fear it was expected. She basically said that due to money laundering reasons, the payments could not go through (the argentinian government is trying to cut payments to the outside). If your friend is in the US, and is a US citizen with a valid SSN, there are a lot of options (serve payments, square up, gopayments, amazon payments, stripe, etc) that should work. They have similar -or better- rates than paypal.

It is still working as of today. What you are currently being told is BS. wait a day or two, call again and try again. Not sure what will happen after the elections, but it is indeed still working, if you have an extension of the same credit card, try with that one as well.

If paypal won't work try Skrill. It's the same thing basically. I use that for poker transactions paypal won't do.

Thanks for your advice Nikad and Infemo, I am going to try some of those other payment services as you mention. I am really frustrated with all of this, I am not looking for dollars in hand. I need to pay for some physical therapy sessions that is in severe pain after a car accident, and there is a limit to what their insurance pays and I am going to pay a part of the cost, and so are some other relatives. This is so unfair!

Had the same problem. I was able to make purchases from paypal up to 500 USD for a long time. If I tried something above that number, it was rejected (even after calling Visa and getting the authorization). I couldn't pay for 600 usd.. but I could make four or six 500 usd payments one after the other.

A month ago I tried again and this time I couldn't even make a simple purchase of 300 nor 400. I called Visa, got the approval.. but got the same message. It wasn't a Paypal error, I already knew the drill. I called again, same thing. I tried with another credit card, a Mastercard, same error (both cards are gold). I called them and the agent read to me that the purchase was indeed being blocked and that payments to paypal were blocked and there wasn't anything we could do. She told me she was sorry, that I should find another way to pay for that.

I believe she shared with me something she wasn't supposed to (she was reading the explanation for the blocked payment), but I fear it was expected. She basically said that due to money laundering reasons, the payments could not go through (the argentinian government is trying to cut payments to the outside). If your friend is in the US, and is a US citizen with a valid SSN, there are a lot of options (serve payments, square up, gopayments, amazon payments, stripe, etc) that should work. They have similar -or better- rates than paypal.

I'm having the same problem this morning. And came here to see if it was happening to anyone else and I see it is. But it's still working for some? My cards are also both Visa and Master gold. Both being rejected for payments under $500. (MasterCard has never gone through for me, actually.)

Thanks for your advice Nikad and Infemo, I am going to try some of those other payment services as you mention. I am really frustrated with all of this, I am not looking for dollars in hand. I need to pay for some physical therapy sessions that is in severe pain after a car accident, and there is a limit to what their insurance pays and I am going to pay a part of the cost, and so are some other relatives. This is so unfair!

Hi David, did you try another payment service? If so, how did it work for you? Thanks.

Just tried PayPal with my usual monthly payment to myself. I have 2 PayPal accounts - one Argentine and on US. In the past I have been able to pay my US account from my Argentine account but no longer. Tried MC and Visa and both were declined for less than $500US.

Back