How To Use Paypal To Get Money Out?

Not saying this is the problem, may look into a new law called "Remittance Transfer Rule" which goes into effect tomorrow: USA. Have heard many CC companies and even Pay Pal may opt out of the international wire transfer thing because of it. Lot of new BS, waiting period dah dah. Just a guess.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/remittances-transfer-rule-amendment-to-regulation-e/

I will just say it again. Try Skrill (formerly moneybookers) and Netteller. They are both very good, particularly Skrill.

International guy.
I found Skrill terrible to use. They keep 10% of your money for 6 months before releasing it to you.

I would recommend using Stripe, super easy to sign up and use (2.9% fee). stripe.com
Google checkout was good , but is closing November 20th.
I use Authorize.net also, but Stripe seems better.
I have also recently signed up with Braintree (Paypal just bought them), but have yet to process transactions.

Paypal sucks but is popular for client to use.

There is probably a flood of consumers using their cards this weekend while they still can. Maybe Visa is freaking out about being paid back by the central Bank in Argentina.

Skrill processes credit cards using Paypal gateways, so if you cannot do Paypal you will not be able to do Skrill either. Bare in mind there are random security controls from both the credit card issuer and the bank. If you wait a couple of days and try again it might go through. Also make sure to not use the Paypal exchange rate but the other currency option. Hope this helps someone.

Skrill processes credit cards using Paypal gateways, so if you cannot do Paypal you will not be able to do Skrill either. Bare in mind there are random security controls from both the credit card issuer and the bank. If you wait a couple of days and try again it might go through. Also make sure to not use the Paypal exchange rate but the other currency option. Hope this helps someone.

I did not know that. I stand corrected then. I was just trying to help, I've never tried the blue rate going the other way.

Skrill is not working. I've tried PayPay on multiple cards using the Non-PayPal conversion option. Nada.

Skrill is not working. I've tried PayPay on multiple cards using the Non-PayPal conversion option. Nada.

I guess you can only call Visa / Master / Amex and ask them to authorize your transaction. Most of what they will say is BS, this happens randomly.

I started this thread a long time ago; what we ended up using, without any problems, and I believe it still works is eLance

I've had jobs done and my wife has used her CC to make those payments (just have to call beforehand to 'authorise' the CC)

could also do it with a "private" job, getting payments directly, basically you/family member paying yourself through two accounts. You have to count elance fees which are bit more than PP but if they're now shutting down payment gateways like PP, could be worth a look. I was getting dev work done on eLance anyway so it made sense to us to do it that way.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I called Visa twice this morning. Both women were polite but told me that currently payments to email addresses (or sending money, basically) is not authorized and a "security warning" shows up when they look at the account. They told me I could only purchase through an actual business, not send money. I figured this was too good to be true and would end at some point, but I also assume we'll just continue finding other ways around it. Elance, as esllou suggested above, for example. Will look into that and will also get my paperwork together for Ayuda Familiar. Anyone gone through that tramite recently? Thanks again.

How much is it to make purchases with visa/debit in the U.S.A.? It's still 20 percent right?

Back