How Will Expats Be Affected When Ebola Arrives In Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. When I flew back from BsAs to Houston a few weeks ago, baggage claim was next to that of a direct flight from Lagos, Nigeria. It seemed bizarre to me that there would be a direct flight to IAH.

It's also weird to me that British Airways has a direct flight from Austin to LHR. I guess there are people who actually *want* to come to Texas. :)

And, "if" ISIS starts sending ebola infected "slow suicide solders" to the USA and if that results in an outbreak of ebola, "fear of flying" may not be the only side effect:

http://www.westernjo...deadly-threats/

I don't think Liberia has it contained. From what I heard on the BBC, the number of cases is soaring.

To reiterate, you have to have exposure WITH THE BODY FLUIDS OF SOMEONE ACTIVELY SYMPTOMATIC to get Ebola. Only then is it contagious. Not anywhere near as contagious as airborne flues and viruses. Currently there is no test available to confirm its presence if you are in the incubation phase. But it is also not contagious in that phase.

To reiterate, you have to have exposure WITH THE BODY FLUIDS OF SOMEONE ACTIVELY SYMPTOMATIC to get Ebola. Only then is it contagious. Not anywhere near as contagious as airborne flues and viruses. Currently there is no test available to confirm its presence if you are in the incubation phase. But it is also not contagious in that phase.

It's a lot easier to cough or sneeze in someone's face than hijack and fly a jet into a building.

Imagine how much "terror" even a few dozen cases of ebola in the US would cause, especially if some of them can be linked to ISIS.

The border of Canada is also vulnerable:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2747965/I-ve-never-seen-Border-Patrol-Filmmaker-shows-Ebola-infected-ISIS-terrorist-sneak-Lake-Erie-Canada-Cleveland-RICIN-Rock-Roll-Hall-Fame.html

The border with Mexico is pretty much wide open. ISIS sympathizers could easily enter but once the disease spreads to Latin America lots of people could be infected. Some of them are going to cross into the US.

Inhaling droplets of "sneeze" would do it?

Why are the UN talking about the nightmare scenario of airborne Ebola?

Facts are, like Nigerian credibility, in short supply here.

The border of Canada is also vulnerable:

http://www.dailymail...-Hall-Fame.html

The border with Mexico is pretty much wide open. ISIS sympathizers could easily enter but once the disease spreads to Latin America lots of people could be infected. Some of them are going to cross into the US.

This article actually mentions ISIS's plan to cross the border to infect Americans in its headline:

http://universalfree...ill-americans/#!

This was also in the article:

"Experts claim that, by the time an infected militant made it to America, the symptoms of Ebola would be prominently displayed, thus being too impaired to pass through customs."

The Dallas ebola patient provides a clear example that this is not true.

The "experts" are getting a lot of things wrong about this one and it's nothing to sneeze at.

Inhaling droplets of "sneeze" would do it?

Why are the UN talking about the nightmare scenario of airborne Ebola?

Facts are, like Nigerian credibility, in short supply here.

Are droplets of "sneeze" considered bodily fluids?

ISIS does appear to have some nonsensical ideas of how to spread the disease (by sending it through the mail or by poisoning the water supply) but sooner or later they'll probably figure out how to accomplish their mission and it won't take many cases of ebola breaking out to achieve significant results.

I remember reading that the third US doctor who was flown back to the US for ebola treatment was not working directly with ebola patients, nevertheless, he contracted the disease.

If an ebola infected individual actually wants to infect others it may be difficult to do so, but apparently it's not impossible.

So someone with Ebola sitting next to you on a plane only has to sneeze and it goes into your eyes and you are infected? Worse than AIDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back