How Would You Translate This In Spanish?? Help!

Marcesil32

Registered
Hi there,

I have to translate a text and Im going crazy with a phrase. It goes like this:

As workplaces go, the Trevi Fountain takes some beating. Instead of toiling in a strip-lit office, Alessio de Filippo gets to go about his daily grind beside a Baroque masterpiece whose extravagant beauty pulls in thousands of visitors each day.
At 7am each morning, he plugs in a blue vacuum cleaner-like machine, attaches the hose to a long metal handle, sticks it in the azure pool of the fountain, and starts sucking.

How would you translate "daily grind" in Spanish? Obviously taking into account the context

And what about "azure pool"?

Thank you!!!

Marcela

Azure is referring to the blue color of the fountain´s pool. daily grind means work routine. So la pileta azul de la fuente and Alessio de Filippo lleva a cabo su rutina de trabajo.

Gracias Nikad!! Y strip- lit office cómo lo traducirías? oficina de tubos fluourescentes?

I would simply go with " oficina fluorescente " as the image is pretty obvious.

Hi there,

I have to translate a text and Im going crazy with a phrase. It goes like this:

As workplaces go, the Trevi Fountain takes some beating. Instead of toiling in a strip-lit office, Alessio de Filippo gets to go about his daily grind beside a Baroque masterpiece whose extravagant beauty pulls in thousands of visitors each day.
At 7am each morning, he plugs in a blue vacuum cleaner-like machine, attaches the hose to a long metal handle, sticks it in the azure pool of the fountain, and starts sucking.

How would you translate "daily grind" in Spanish? Obviously taking into account the context

And what about "azure pool"?

Thank you!!!

Marcela

rutina diaria ... rutina cotidiana
Are we plagiarizing something here?
(about half way down) http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/layers-of-history-in-rome/story-e6frfqai-1226573812174

No, this is just a translation test ..but the extract is taken from the magazine´s article...but nothing to do with plagiarism

Thanks!

Back