Work Visa- everything translated to Spanish?!

BellaLove

Registered
I am an American in the process of getting my "work/residency" visa to start work in Argentina very soon. I will be going to an Argentine consulate in the Midwest USA.

Several of the requirements for a work/residency visa are listed as:

4- LETTER OF NON RECORDS , issued by Local Police Department. Must be
from any place applicant resided more than one year in the last three
years. Must be presented in Letterhead Stationary, signed by Police
Authority and Notarized. May not be more than three months old at the
time visa is issued. Must be translated to Spanish and have its own
Apostille. It applies to those applicants 16 years and older.

7- TWO CERTIFIED COPIES OF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND MARRIAGE . (If
applicable) These copies are obtained at the Office of Vital Statistics.
Must be translated to Spanish and have its own Apostille.

In regards to #4, "letter of non records," I have submitted a police clearance to the FBI which I should be getting back shortly. Are they telling me that I was meant to tell the FBI to have it translated in Spanish with an apostille? Or does the Argentine consulate want me to first get the FBI clearance in English and then get it translated to Spanish by someone? (and if so, who?) Also, is the Spanish translator supposed to Apostille it, so I would then have a total of 2 FBI police clearances with 2 apostilles? Also, they say in there that it has to be from the "local police department." Does this mean it doesn't have to be from the FBI after all? If this is the case, do I just ask the local police department to give me the document in Spanish?

In regards to #7, I do not have any birth certificate in Spanish. Are they telling me I need to order the birth certificates in Spanish with an apostille from the Office of Vital Statistics OR that I need to give my original birth certificates to a Spanish translator for them to apostille? Who do I contact for a Spanish translation and apostille? Also, why 2 birth certificates in Spanish?

Thanks so much

I doubt any spanish translators you find are competent authorities.

The language of argentina is spanish. Any non spanish documents must be translated. A translator from the college of translators can provide a certified translation for a legalized document

all the papers must be translated here.

However, for a working visa, first you need a contract.

If you just come here, you can apply for a residency later.
Here is different than in the US, there aren t illegals. You can work under the table without being arrested.

The student and rentista visa are easier.

Regards

As I wrote in another thread, I don't think a local police report is acceptable and hasn't been for at least two years outside of Argentina and longer than that here.

I also don't think that a foreign consulte can issue migrant worker visas.

And if you did not request the FBI report be certified (Apostille) when you applied for it you will need that as well. It is not done in the same location. I am not sure if you can send it to the proper office for the Apostille after you have received the report of if you will have to apply for a new report.

The visa rentista requires a foreign income of $8000 pesos per month and a student visa requires that you actually be enrolled as a student.

It seems our veteran commenters tend to only skim over the posts they reply to (with all due respect).

I would take it from the OP that he is being sponsored by his/her company to come work in Argentina and is sorting out the papers. He also mentions that he is awaiting his FBI police check, so obviously knows that it cannot be a local check...

As far as having the documents in Spanish, you will not be able to get them issued by a US govt. office in Spanish, and will have to get them officially translated once they arrive in English. I dont know how this official translation works at the consulates in the US, but I will take a look, if I have a chance.

Back