HUGE Protest Tonight 7 PM! Corrientes/Pueyrredon & Santa Fe/Callao.

nicoenarg said:
Problem is not the candidates, its Peronism. Fashioned after Mussolini's fascism. Doesn't really matter who replaces who. Until the problem of Peronism is tackled, I really don't see a solution to the problems eroding Argentina.

Couldnt agree more..but in this f**ked up political environment Scioli as a professed Peronist would fare better....This electorate need simple messages..maybe no different from US.

Rich One said:
A non Peronista can not govern Argentina, risking to have to leave in a rush like Alfonsin o De La Rua...:D

Peron said " Without panties and Bra's we are all Peronistas" :)

Right...and so we will always see these "cycles" in Argentina. And keeping that in mind, the people of Argentina got what they deserved.

What I found fascinating about the debates about the process was the whole idea that Cristina wants to keep the debate going so as to not be a lame duck president and have Peronism tear itself apart. This was a statement echoed even by some of her own supporters. What this has done in my opinion is clearly proven the inherent weakness in Peronism and also shows that Argentina politics is not about politics so to speak, but movements. This I feel is why Argentina has failed to develop strong, effective social and political pillars and thus advance forward, utilizing its full potential. Everything is dictated almost by political mood swings.

See my thread on CFK - Intolerance. Her spokesman, President of the House of Deputies, damned the protesters as aggressive and disrespectful and called into question their sanity. Argentina does not actually have a democracy, just a semblance of one. There are no checks and balances. Voters just elect representatives who exercise authoritarian powers much as the military dictatorships did. The underpinnings of authoritarian, totalitarian rule remain.

sergio said:
See my thread on CFK - Intolerance. Her spokesman, President of the House of Deputies, damned the protesters as aggressive and disrespectful and called into question their sanity. Argentina does not actually have a democracy, just a semblance of one. There are no checks and balances. Voters just elect representatives who exercise authoritarian powers much as the military dictatorships did. The underpinnings of authoritarian, totalitarian rule remain.

And who is Cristina's president of the cabinet who said all of these lovely things about the protesters and said "all of the protesters are only interested in what happens in Miami?" Abal Medina (son) who's father is Juan Abal Medina (exiled in Mexico, former member of the guerilla in Argnetina known as Montoneros) and who is Abal Medina's stepmother, Nilda Garré, Cristina's "security" minister. See how all of this works?

Most elections in most countries are all about 15/20% of the electorate. 40% will always vote for CFK and her ilk, 40% for her mirror image. Maybe at the election that 54-46 will become 49-51 and we'll all go round the merry-go-round again. Don't expect any great differences. Argentina has shown very effectively for the last 70 years that they have both big feet and a trigger happy finger.

Back