HUGE Protest Tonight 7 PM! Corrientes/Pueyrredon & Santa Fe/Callao.

nicoenarg said:
I hope its nothing like the "Arab Spring" and actually gets the right people in power.

Who are the "right people"? Surely that's subjective.

Whether we like it or not, clearly the majority of Argentines last year decided that Cristina was the "right person" and, despite the protest, is an election was called tomorrow, Cristina would most probably still win.

I'm afraid this will fade away like other initiatives before: do you remember the "que se vayan todos" demos 10 years ago? Or the Blumberg-actions until the press found out he was lying about his studies?
Argentines middle class complain about so many things but are too lazy and coward to take responsibility. As people say: people are ruled by the king they deserve.

A great Support March is in the Planning Nestor Lives...!!

Flay said:
Who are the "right people"? Surely that's subjective.

Whether we like it or not, clearly the majority of Argentines last year decided that Cristina was the "right person" and, despite the protest, is an election was called tomorrow, Cristina would most probably still win.

Thinking that the definition of "right people" has to be subjective is also very subjective. One of the ills of post-modernist relativism is that it gets tangled up in itself.

Right people here would be the ones who would put the interests of the people as a whole (not a particular group, like lower income households, etc) before their own interests. A far fetched idea in a country where corruption is as common and accepted as three square meals a day, but still, that does not change the moral standards and does not blur the lines.

You and I may disagree on these and that's fine. I just don't buy the ideas of relativism and the BS that comes with it.

As long as she has enough money to buy their chorries and has the union bosses on her side she may well have upwards of 40+% +. The remaining % of working and middle classes who voted for her, for lack of options, sympathy for her husband's death or lunacy are turning and will continue to turn as their rights are eroded. If Scioli would grow a pair of balls he might make a decent candidate...

nicoenarg said:
Thinking that the definition of "right people" has to be subjective is also very subjective.

Hilarious. Keep 'em coming ! I spit up a cheerio on that one.:rolleyes:

mjackson1946 said:
She made it very clear the other night. She is president of 54% of the argentines. :(

Well it is a fact that 54% voted for her. Whether they made an informed decision or were duped is a different matter.

Besides, just because the majority wants something doesn't mean their wishes should always be respected. The rights of the minorities should not be trampled over just because the majority doesn't know how to keep their head on right.

As for popularity, CFK is losing it more and more each day.

http://news.yahoo.com/argentine-president-cristina-kirchners-popularity-plummets-212900894.html

I don't know however what group of individuals was interviewed for the survey cited in the above article.

fifs2 said:
As long as she has enough money to buy their chorries and has the union bosses on her side she may well have upwards of 40+% +. The remaining % of working and middle classes who voted for her, for lack of options, sympathy for her husband's death or lunacy are turning and will continue to turn as their rights are eroded. If Scioli would grow a pair of balls he might make a decent candidate...

Problem is not the candidates, its Peronism. Fashioned after Mussolini's fascism. Doesn't really matter who replaces who. Until the problem of Peronism is tackled, I really don't see a solution to the problems eroding Argentina.

nicoenarg said:
Problem is not the candidates, its Peronism. Fashioned after Mussolini's fascism. Doesn't really matter who replaces who. Until the problem of Peronism is tackled, I really don't see a solution to the problems eroding Argentina.

A non Peronista can not govern Argentina, risking to have to leave in a rush like Alfonsin o De La Rua...:D

Peron said " Without panties and Bra's we are all Peronistas" :)

Back