I feel like a real estate purchase is pretty much a gamble here...

if the land can be bought for much cheaper it would make sense for ARBA to have a lower value on it, unless ARBA changed valuations on absolutely everything as of late, then we have no choice but to declare 100% of the purchase value in which case we have to keep it as low as possible,

The latest ARBA valuations are ten times more than they were two years ago, and remain almost unchanged this year,

Based on what you have indicated about the condition of the existing construction, it is quite possible that the market value of the land you want to buy is much lower than the latest ARBA valuation. If that's the case, the seller can file a reclamo on line with ARBA.

I believe he would have to provide a plan that is certified by an agrimensor when he initiates the reclamo. If a certified plan is required to complete the escritura, they will have to get one anyway.

If the existing construction is in bad shape and you will be replacing the roof after the purchase, the reclamo is more likely to be successful if the roof is removed before ordering the survey, as the property should then be classified as bolido (without covered construction) and (if my guess is correct) the valuation would be based solely on the size of the land.

PS: To repeat some stats I previously provided:

I have two lots of 5832 mtrs2 each. The land for each of them is valued at about $66,000 pesos. The 247mtr2 construction on one of them is valued at $1.5 million pesos If you can get ARBA to eliminate the value of the construction on the land you want to buy just by removing the roof, it will result in a much lower valuation and this will obviously serve the interests of both you and the seller(s).

Besides, tearing off a rotten roof is so easy a sixty-five year old man could do it by himself, and I know what I'm talking about..

Last edited:
Back