Registered
And they have a website

Vita Eco Deli Market
Hipolito Yricoyen 583
M-F 8-20
Sat 10-20
Sun 12-19

http://www.vitamarket.com.ar/

They were closing early, this being a festino, so I just grabbed a quick pizza, but they have real salads, 4 or 5 more than are shown on their website, breads, breakfasts, organic coffee, and desserts. The pizza was good, assuming you're into healthy eating. The sauce was made with a base of creamed nuts, which sounds insane but it was delicious. It also had tomatoes and olives. I gobbled down the whole thing and wished I'd bought two. I am definitely going back tomorrow.

Oddly enough it was wall to wall women, staff and customers both; I was the only man in the place. Not that I'm complaining or anything :) :) :)

P.S. They also have chocolate.

This place you go for the food but stay for the women. How's their Fugazzeta?

Might drop by for lunch ~13:00.

This place you go for the food but stay for the women. How's their Fugazzeta?

Might drop by for lunch ~13:00.

I just got back from having lunch there, whole time I was looking around, wondering which one might be you :)

So I had this sort of a vegetarian kebab thing, like grilled veggies and veggieburger en brochette. We've all had various veggieburger patty things and, let's be honest, they were all lame, right? Well, this was really tasty. The usual problem with healthy food is that it's about as exciting as going to your grandparents' and looking at pictures from their vacation in Miami in 1983, (zzzzzzzzzzz) Not the case here! This was actually very good, and served with some sort of very interesting savoury sauce. Again, I cleaned my plate, mopped up the last of the sauce with the last bite of bread, and sort of wished there was more. That's always a good sign.

Being lunch hour, the place was busier than last night, but not annoyingly so, just enough to make it feel pleasantly occupied. There were a number of other men this time, but I'd still say the distaff side outnumbered us 2-1 at least. The young ladies working behind the counter were both friendly and briskly efficient; you order at the counter as you walk in, and my food was on the table less than five minutes later. They were all all very attractive too, and one had simply beautiful tattoos on her arms, I mean really colorful and imaginative, a true delight to behold.

The overall ambiance was amazingly reminiscent of the old hippie hangouts of the 1970s, or Ocean Beach People's Food circa 1980. When I went up to the register to pay after I was done, a young lady offered me a free shot of wheatgrass juice, which really took me back to the days of OB People's! Oh, and a word of suggestion about wheatgrass juice if you're not familiar with it; toss it off all at once like a shooter of tequila, con su sal y el sabor. The taste is like squeezed lawn clippings, but it's very good for you.

Is this the one on the corner of Florida? I've been there once, I thought their food tasted like cardboard. Here's a tip, walk half a block down florida towards corrientes, on your left there will be a galleria, go down the stairs and to the back and have some delicious empanadas catamarquenas at 'la cocina'

I meant to go there but I decided to go to the gym and ended up at healthy eatery nearby: Green Eat (near Rod Pena y Santa Fe). This place is a little pricey: self serve and you end up spending over $100. Sushi, Ceviche, sandwiches, etc.

I will go to this place soon - sounds good!

I swear by healthy food and vegetarian meals (although I do eat meat when I really feel like doing so) but I have never found a single ''health food restaurant'' in BA that was really worth the hassle and money. In the beginning, I did try out a lot of stuff, and due to the general bad BA habits of eating plenty of milanesas and what have you each day of the damn week, I was often treated like a moron when I wanted to order an additional plate of some cooked or steamed vegetables.

Like mr. Frenchie (?) mentioned in another thread, due to the lack of varied food in this town you are automatically inclined to prepare better food yourself. Although it's sometimes hard to find the right ingredients, and a lot of the local stores don't have that good quality vegetables, I really improved my concept of simple, tasteful, healthy and easy, but fresh food.

I must say that, let's say, one year ago I still managed to defend the food culture in BA (Oh my God! Look how Italian it is!), but I have ultimately come to understand that the lack of variety was killing me there.

I swear by healthy food and vegetarian meals (although I do eat meat when I really feel like doing so) but I have never found a single ''health food restaurant'' in BA that was really worth the hassle and money. In the beginning, I did try out a lot of stuff, and due to the general bad BA habits of eating plenty of milanesas and what have you each day of the damn week, I was often treated like a moron when I wanted to order an additional plate of some cooked or steamed vegetables.

Like mr. Frenchie (?) mentioned in another thread, due to the lack of varied food in this town you are automatically inclined to prepare better food yourself. Although it's sometimes hard to find the right ingredients, and a lot of the local stores don't have that good quality vegetables, I really improved my concept of simple, tasteful, healthy and easy, but fresh food.

I must say that, let's say, one year ago I still managed to defend the food culture in BA (Oh my God! Look how Italian it is!), but I have ultimately come to understand that the lack of variety was killing me there.

No, no, it's not Italian at all. If it was Italian, every meal would begin with soup, and then a salad.

But seriously, with all due respect for what you're saying, without arguing, try this place before you condemn it. These girls women are really kicking ass at what they do.

But I do intend to, as soon as I have an apartment, go back to cooking 90% of my own meals.

Back